Yeah Hernandez!!!!!!

GotNitro

He's a decent hitter and an excellent shortstop. I don't understand all the hate. Is he going to win the batting title? No. Is he going to hit situationally and get on base? Yes. Luis the Lasher!

Nobody else who actually cares more about wins and losses than fantasy league stats understands it either.

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's a decent hitter and an excellent shortstop. I don't understand all the hate. Is he going to win the batting title? No. Is he going to hit situationally and get on base? Yes. Luis the Lasher!

If by decent you mean terrible, you are right.

He is going to get on base? Really...When has he EVER done that in an entire season?

3 games ago, his OBP was below 280.

I think he's learning. There were those stories about B-Rob chatting him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if his final line was .240/.280/.300.

If he can do .260/.310/.330, I'm happy, given his glove.

No illusions about him as a long-term solution, but better than Cintron/Uribe/et al.

He is going to get on base? Really...When has he EVER done that in an entire season?

So he has improved. Now you even want to complain about that? Some people here are never happy. I just want excellent defense and anything else LH does is a plus. Unlike some here, I have never thought power should come from a shortstop as much as defense. Power should come from the outfield and first base. Look at the great Orioles teams of the past and that is how they should be built.

I think he's learning. There were those stories about B-Rob chatting him up.

I wouldn't be surprised if his final line was .240/.280/.300.

If he can do .260/.310/.330, I'm happy, given his glove.

No illusions about him as a long-term solution, but better than Cintron/Uribe/et al.

This is pretty much how I feel. I don't think he can give that .260/.310/.330 line, but if he can, than he's only costing us a little given how good his defense is (he's been very good so far this year). I'd still try like hell to find a real shortstop, but I wouldn't prefer Cintron or Uribe to him if he could put up those numbers.

This is pretty much how I feel. I don't think he can give that .260/.310/.330 line, but if he can, than he's only costing us a little given how good his defense is (he's been very good so far this year). I'd still try like hell to find a real shortstop, but I wouldn't prefer Cintron or Uribe to him if he could put up those numbers.

I wouldnt go out of our way to trade for a SS. Why dont we just draft one with our high picks. If we are lucky we can get one in the 1st or 2nd round out of college that might be only 1 year away from the bigs. I think we need to keep our pitchers and find out who will stay healthy. Trading one is premature.

I'm just going by what I've seen on the diamond this year, and I can't complain. How many sacrifices has he had this year? Plenty. What's he hitting, like .360? I can count 4 RBIs off the top of my head. I'd say that's decent. You know he's a pimp in the field. Give the little fella a shot.

I wouldnt go out of our way to trade for a SS. Why dont we just draft one with our high picks. If we are lucky we can get one in the 1st or 2nd round out of college that might be only 1 year away from the bigs. I think we need to keep our pitchers and find out who will stay healthy. Trading one is premature.
Drafting doesn't fill holes in on your major league roster. Thats a terrible strategy. Even 1st round draft picks have a high bust rate, they take several years to reach the majors, and many college and HS SS do not stay at the position. Drafting a guy is a fine move, but drafting one and thinking you've got the position filled is an unwise one. Draft one and trade for one. Its nearly impossible that both will succeed, and if they do, just move one to 2B or 3B or trade them.

We should certainly look to acquire a young, blocked SS if one becomes available. Maybe we package one of our young arms. Maybe we move someone like Reimold. Maybe we can get that SS in return for Walker, Bradford, or even Huff if he has a big year.

He will never be a great hitter, but he can still contribute something by getting on base occasionally and moving up runners for the top of the order to drive in. He may not be as much of a drag on the offense as we thought, even if he does put up a .550-.575 OPS as many expect.

150 RBI his first year. What about the later years? You don't bring those numbers up. An OPS of .850 with RISP and BA over .300 doesn't really give you any insight as to whether all of those situations were "clutch." I'd imagine that many of those hits came when we were either way ahead or way behind.

You still haven't provided me with the information I asked for: how many walkoffs he had during his days here. Do you remember any walkoff homeruns or hits? I recall two over many years.

Some people sure have amnesia when it comes to Tejada's days here.

This is just ridiculous.

Know who was hitting ahead of Tejada much of that year? Melvin Mora. Know who had an insane year that year? Melvin Mora.

Know who benefited greatly from having Melvin Mora having a ridiculous year ahead of him? Miguel Tejada.

For having a string of great SS's from Belanger to Ripken to Bordick, O's fans have been spoiled as hell for having a standard as to what a SS should bring to the table defensively. Just because someone is a notch or two below those players with the glove doesn't mean they're HORRIBLE at all.

Sheesh.

I agree with this...If he can get on base 31% of the time, show the ability to move runners along and hit 260, i would be OK with him, provided his defense stays above average.

I don't think he can do that though.

He will never be a great hitter, but he can still contribute something by getting on base occasionally and moving up runners for the top of the order to drive in. He may not be as much of a drag on the offense as we thought, even if he does put up a .550-.575 OPS as many expect.

So now he can hit that bad but if he can sac bunt, he is fine?

Are you serious?

They have those things in the National League too. They're called pitchers that hit.

Face it, Luis has been very good this first week, but if his past stats are any indication, he's simply not going to be the answer. We need to find a better SS.

They have those things in the National League too. They're called pitchers that hit.

Face it, Luis has been very good this first week, but if his past stats are any indication, he's simply not going to be the answer. We need to find a better SS.

I disagree. I would much rather have him than a SS like Tejada who is all bat and no glove.

Archived