Os Sign O'Day for 4 Years - It's official

Nevermore

Do you think we'll trade Britton with this deal done?

I know you're not asking me, but I sure hope so. O'Day was the one player I did not want to see return because I don't think a midmarket franchise with our payroll restrictions can afford to spend this kind of dough on a set-up man. Despite all failures in player development across the team, the one spot we've seemed adept is converting strong arms to effective bullpen roles. With Givens, Wright, Wilson and Drake, I was pretty confident we'd have a passable bullpen.

Britton could be our best trade piece. Saw a headline the Cubs were looking for a dominant closer/backend type. They are stocked with elite minor league talent. Their top 5 prospects would all probably be our best. See what Britton's nasty sinker can get us in return.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No; I think they may be out of the SP sweepstakes in kind. Expect a Doug Fister/Chris Young type while the team focuses on a significant LH bat.

1. Britton

2. O'Day

3. Givens

4. Brach

5. Matusz

6. Bundy

7. LHP (Riefenhauser?)

A bullpen that has no room for Mike Wright is a heckuva bullpen. Garcia and probably McFarland also put on minor-league reserve.

No; I think they may be out of the SP sweepstakes in kind. Expect a Doug Fister/Chris Young type while the team focuses on a significant LH bat.

1. Britton

2. O'Day

3. Givens

4. Brach

5. Matusz

6. Bundy

7. LHP (Riefenhauser?)

A bullpen that has no room for Mike Wright is a heckuva bullpen. Garcia and probably McFarland also put on minor-league reserve.

I think you are right about starters. Could also see a trade with the Mets or Astros for one of their lower tier starters.

I was wondering the same thing. Could it be possible to trade Britton for the biggest haul DD can get, and slide O'Day into the closer role since hes making more money now.

I think you are right about starters. Could also see a trade with the Mets or Astros for one of their lower tier starters.

One thing's for sure, the pressure's on Tillman, Gausman and Gonzalez to do better in 2016 and for Ubaldo to at least replicate this season. Whether they get another starter or not.

How does that package compare to the one the Red Sox gave up for Kimbrel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Less than the Kimbrel package, which I thought was a clear overpay in value (but Dumbro doesn't generally care about that).

Drew Silva

Something a little more official should be coming soon, and it figures to have a domino effect on the rest of the relief pitching market at this week’s Winter Meetings in Nashville. There aren’t too many attractive free agents in that regard, but a big Aroldis Chapman trade looms.

O’Day registered a fantastic 1.52 ERA, 0.93 WHIP, and 82/14 K/BB ratio in 65 1/3 innings this past season for the O’s. He boasts a 1.92 ERA in 263 innings since 2012.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>, O’Day in agreement on four-year deal, pending physical. <a href="https://twitter.com/JonHeymanCBS">@JonHeymanCBS</a> reported O’s were likely.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">December 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived