Maeda anyone?

DocJJ

I think he gets posted today. It's doubtful the O's would be willing to try to outbid all the other teams that are interested (see Tanaka, Darvish, Sano, Soler, and any other top shelf foreign player...)

I think he'll be pretty good. Too bad he's not a lefty...

I think he gets posted today. It's doubtful the O's would be willing to try to outbid all the other teams that are interested (see Tanaka, Darvish, Sano, Soler, and any other top shelf foreign player...)

Max bid is $20M.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If you bid the $20 million to earn the right to negotiate with him, do you have to pay it if he signs elsewhere?

I don't think so. But wouldn't a bunch of teams bid the 20 million? Like 10. Then it might go in order of reverse standings to see who wins the bid. Idk, but I'm sure someone will clarify this.

Sure why not post the 20 million. Hold him hostage for a week or so and offer him 4/40 million. lol. So it'd be 4/60 with the posting fee. No pick involved with him.

I don't think so. But wouldn't a bunch of teams bid the 20 million? Like 10. Then it might go in order of reverse standings to see who wins the bid. Idk, but I'm sure someone will clarify this.

Sure why not post the 20 million. Hold him hostage for a week or so and offer him 4/40 million. lol. So it'd be 4/60 with the posting fee. No pick involved with him.

Everyone that ties for max bid gets to negotiate with the player.

Its ironic that you complain about the team and then ask something knowing that it wont happen.

Everyone that ties for max bid gets to negotiate with the player.

Thanks for clearing that up. That was a long shot anyway. Basically going to have to give that guy 5/75 plus the 20 million posting fee. That's more then Jeff S. got. At what point does Chen at 5/75 start looking like a good idea? We know he can pitch in the AL East. And we don't have to give our top pick. And he's proven. Maeda is a ?

Thanks for clearing that up. That was a long shot anyway. Basically going to have to give that guy 5/75 plus the 20 million posting fee. That's more then Jeff S. got. At what point does Chen at 5/75 start looking like a good idea? We know he can pitch in the AL East. And we don't have to give our top pick. And he's proven. Maeda is a ?

That's probably why he doesn't get that much. He is a risk and there is no gaurantee. I doubt 10 teams go 20 million. But somebody will most likely

That's probably why he doesn't get that much. He is a risk and there is no gaurantee. I doubt 10 teams go 20 million. But somebody will most likely

I don't see the risk in going 20. You get your money back if he doesn't sign with you. I don't think the money even leaves the team's hands unless a deal is signed.

I don't see the risk in going 20. You get your money back if he doesn't sign with you. I don't think the money even leaves the team's hands unless a deal is signed.

Me neither, make the $20M qualifying offer and see whether 4/$40M gets you there. Probably not but no harm, no foul.

Its ironic that you complain about the team and then ask something knowing that it wont happen.

It's not ironic at all. I KNOW it won't happen. That's why I complain about the team.

Archived