1. Britton

2. O'Day

3. Brach

4. Givens

5. Matusz

6. Worley

7. Bundy

Right?

I think Worley is penciled in at #5 right now. Matusz could be traded. Same with Bundy and everyone is asking for Givens.

Man, I hope Worley doesn't start for us. We guaranteed too much to cut him, though... and he could be a decent swing arm. Matusz makes the team too, unless we deal him... but I don't see that happening. The only wiggle room I could see happening is stashing Bundy on the DL.

But the point of the post is that if we roster Bundy and everyone else does what they do, we've already got seven guys.

By the way, I'm not comfortable with Matusz as the only non-closer lefty. And, I think Duq agrees because there is now a ton of competition there... so either Matusz is dealt or we DL Bundy and use that slot for lefty #2. Of course this all assumes no injuries, which always occur... and something Duq usually does a great job planning for.

They might anyway even if the Orioles sign a starting pitcher. You don't know what's going to happen with injuries or poor performance.

There is no question that both Lee and Jones are on Dan's starter radar as well. And the dark Horse, Ariel Miranda. And don't forget Joe Gunkel!

Worley in the rotation. McFarland in the bullpen. That's what it is right now. Roe could be there with a good spring and Mac could be out because of the options game. When DD talks about adding a reliever I just assume its a Roe type from last year.

No love for Riefenhauser? Pitched great for Durham last year. Not so much in the majors.

No love for Riefenhauser? Pitched great for Durham last year. Not so much in the majors.

My personal belief is that we sign a starter like Leake (or Maeda!), Worley is the swingman in the pen, Bundy (or someone else) hits the DL, and then we have all of the lefties battle it out for the last bullpen slot. (i.e. "The CJ-TJ Battle")

Archived