Jordan Schafer suspsended 50 games for HGH

MikeAD

Apparently the use of hgh is still rampant.

Well it's nearly impossible to detect. They only caught this guy because of I believe some suspicions or rumors or something that led to an investigation. That's what was said on SportsCenter.

Apparently the use of hgh is still rampant.

Overseas, at least.

OK, was he safe?

It would be interesting to learn what the penalty turns out to be. I'd rank that up there with the Delmon Young bat throwing incident, which resulted in a 50 game suspension.

Asians tend to be a little harsher with punishments than occidentals. If that happened across the straits, a pistol bullet in the back of the head might not be out of the question.

This is really bad for the Braves. They were hoping he'd take over CF as early as mid-season.

I can't open the article - How did they catch him? I thought only blood tests could catch HGH use.

Even blood tests aren't perfect.

I'm guessing he got caught with them.

After reading the official comment from the Braves (below), I would suggest maybe it was some kind of "sting" set up by the Braves.

Asked how Major League Baseball determined that Schafer used HGH, Mike Teevan, MLB's manager of media relations, said, "We have non-analytic means of identifying players. He falls under that category."

I would be curious to know the extent teams may be going to in their efforts to stop PED use.

Archived