Orioles and Rockies engaged in " ongoing trade talks " on Colorado outfielders

xian4

I'm not in favor of trading Bundy when his value is near nothing. But the Orioles' biggest need is talent. They don't have a gatekeeper at the playoff gate where they don't let you in if your team isn't balanced enough.

I just think trading Bundy or any pitcher in our system that has upside is a terrible idea unless that piece coming back is the one thing we need to make that push to the playoffs. I try to be optimistic but are we 1 outfielder away from making a serious run? This pitching staff that was basically promised to be upgraded is a possible disaster waiting to happen. Most are counting on an outfielder that has never played MLB to fill a void in left field. I hope it works but he may end up being worse than Travis Snyder.

Dan needs to stop trying to fill needs by trading away pitching. I just don't get what he has done this year. I'm hoping something falls in his lap because it will take some luck to fix this mess.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think trading Bundy or any pitcher in our system that has upside is a terrible idea unless that piece coming back is the one thing we need to make that push to the playoffs. I try to be optimistic but are we 1 outfielder away from making a serious run? This pitching staff that was basically promised to be upgraded is a possible disaster waiting to happen. Most are counting on an outfielder that has never played MLB to fill a void in left field. I hope it works but he may end up being worse than Travis Snyder.

Dan needs to stop trying to fill needs by trading away pitching. I just don't get what he has done this year. I'm hoping something falls in his lap because it will take some luck to fix this mess.

There's no small irony in the fact that despite the Os miserable track record at developing pitchers, our most significant trade pieces at the moment are pitchers (assuming if you will that Jones, Machado and Schoop are fairly untouchable). But I also think that the FO has over the years overvalued our pitching assets, and if someone wants to bite on an oft-hyped and oft-injured pitcher who really hasn't done anything at the major league level, and is willing to provide at least a bit of a known commodity for it (I know, you could conceivably say that Coors field produces more unknown commodities than known ones...), then why not? Sure, Bundy could be pretty good, but he could also be not much of anything. Adam Loewen, anyone?

I have chronic plantar fasciitis but I have found that constant stretching and activity is good for it. When you rest, that is when it atrophies and stiffens up. Without k owing the specifics, I could see Dickerson being fine to DH. Pujols ha s managed to hit pretty well.with it.

The only thing about this offseason that has surprised me is that they re-signed Darren O'Day. To me, it doesn't make sense to give Darren O'Day a four-year deal unless you are serious about competing. Signing O'Day but then not backing it up with a big bat and a starting pitcher seems like perfectly wasted money.

The only thing about this offseason that has surprised me is that they re-signed Darren O'Day. To me, it doesn't make sense to give Darren O'Day a four-year deal unless you are serious about competing. Signing O'Day but then not backing it up with a big bat and a starting pitcher seems like perfectly wasted money.

This is the quote of the thread.

There is still time to address those holes, but it's definitely hard waiting.

O'Day was a big surprised.

For me, Wieters taking the QO was the biggest surprise.

Losing Chen was no surprise, somebody would over pay, and they did.

Trumbo was a pleasant surprise too.

IMO, The Orioles, of course want to compete and they do not want a repeat of 2015.

IMO, The Orioles, of course want to compete and they do not want a repeat of 2015.

I was pretty sure we was going to take that offer. I thought his market was going to get him a 3 year deal with $8-$11MM AAV.

In his position, he can take the $15MM which would have been about 50% of what he would have earned over that deal.. re-establish his value and get paid. If he has an below to average year he will still get a deal with what he would have been offered this past offseason.

To me it made perfect sense to him.. The Orioles just couldn't gamble losing him with no compensation.

Agreed, although my biggest Hot Stove surprise was the offer to Crush, 7/150 was a big deal. O's are after it, even if everything isn't breaking their way.

-Don

Dickerson MAULS right-handed pitching.

Agreed. And actually, any of the Rox outfielders being discussed could help the O's. None replace the Davis bat, but then again, no free agent on the market has his power.

I just don't see that the O's willing to move the arm the Rox want in any trade.

-Don

A couple things that I don't understand about a potential Bundy for Dickerson swap.

1. Just because Bundy is going to be on an innings limit does not limit his contribution to the team. Brad Brach put up a 2.0 WAR last year in only 70 IP. I would not mind having Bundy work out of the pen all year and spot start. If his innings run out in August then I'll be happy that he was healthy.

2. Dickerson looks like a product of Coors field. I hate players going from the NL to the AL East. Especially Coors Field to the AL East. He strikes out a ton. Is hurt. I just don't see it as a good fit.

A couple things that I don't understand about a potential Bundy for Dickerson swap.

1. Just because Bundy is going to be on an innings limit does not limit his contribution to the team. Brad Brach put up a 2.0 WAR last year in only 70 IP. I would not mind having Bundy work out of the pen all year and spot start. If his innings run out in August then I'll be happy that he was healthy.

2. Dickerson looks like a product of Coors field. I hate players going from the NL to the AL East. Especially Coors Field to the AL East. He strikes out a ton. Is hurt. I just don't see it as a good fit.

Check out Dickersons minor league numbers. Close to 1.000 OPS. Much better than Blackmon.. He should be able to hit at MLB level when healthy and can DH when not able to play OF. I am interested.

Archived