Season Ticket renewals??

Woody Held

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posters for years have been saying they wanted to spend more for tickets to spend more in payroll. I never supported that theory.

"Wanted" to pay more or "would" pay more? I think there is a difference.

EDIT: Sorry, there was supposed to be a "hahaha" behind that. Sounds kind of harsh without it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">As expected, there will be price increase for 3rd time in the past 12 seasons. Average ticket price now about $30, up about $5 from 2015</p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is also not totally true. The Orioles have changed some seats from lower reserve to lower box over the years and upper reserve to upper box. They technically did not raise ticket prices but changed the seat to make more income. Also variable pricing has some affect on ticket prices.

I can't tell exactly, but mine are up in the 20-25% range.

On the other hand, my Nats tickets are increasing by 67%! We had made a multi-year commitment that had frozen the prices for a couple of years, but now that deal is over and the prices are skyrocketing. I am probably not going to buy them.

Now the inevitable "when do single game tickets/opening day tickets go on sale?" questions should start soon.

From the Orange Carpet Program Benefits page:

Opening Day Tickets: The only way to guarantee tickets to Opening

Day, Monday, April 4 vs. the Minnesota Twins, is by purchasing a Full

Season or 29-Game Plan. Both plans include Opening Day as part

of their package. All Season Plan Members will have an opportunity

to purchase tickets to Opening Day via an online pre-sale, based

on seniority, which will take place on Wednesday, March 16. On a

first-come first-served basis, members will be eligible to purchase one

Opening Day ticket for each Plan Seat purchased during the presale,

not to exceed 6 tickets. Opening Day tickets are not available

to the general public. All sales will be subject to availability.

The Baltimore Business Journal claims the average season ticket increase is around 20% on average.More then the 5% in 2014.

It's nice to be above average, then! Our seats went up 26%! That's a bit ridiculous. I understand why, but I'm still not happy about it. Not sure we're going to renew.

Sorry ,I meant for the Oriole season ticket holder was 20% increase on average for 2016.

I know, and our tickets went up 26% from last season.

I think the best benefit of season tickets is access to playoff tickets before the general public. They're guaranteed, in fact. It used to be guaranteed Opening Day tickets, but that's not the case if you only have a 13-game plan like we do. Now we have the opportunity to buy. But yeah, it's easy to get them either on StubHub or even through the box office. That's why we're not sure if we're going to renew.

It's nice to be above average, then! Our seats went up 26%! That's a bit ridiculous. I understand why, but I'm still not happy about it. Not sure we're going to renew.

I'm on the fence as well. Not really about the increase, but I guess its part of the deliberation.

Archived