Season Ticket renewals??

Woody Held

My tickets went from $32 each to $41.52 for a 29 game plan. $41.86 per ticket if you add in the $20 processing fee. I think the Orioles have lost a long time season ticket holder with this decision. That's a 29% increase I believe. I give away a lot of tickets and donate them as well. I can just go online and buy them when I want from now on and I'm sorry to say I am not renewing. If one of my $20 instant millionaire scratch off tickets is a big winner I may change my mind. I am stunned by this decision. I can afford to buy these tickets but don't appreciate this kind of increase at one time. I think most people would understand a 3-5 % increase several years in a row but not 29%. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned on the radio today.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Over the past four seasons, the Orioles have won more games than any team in the American League. That progress is anchored by a powerful lineup, a dynamic rotation, a strong bullpen, crisp defense, and a commitment to The Oriole Way at every level of our organization.

That from Dan reported by Roch. Had to laugh at that. We have a heluva dynamic rotation! We don't know who it might be tomorrow or next week or next month. Very dynamic. :P

I have no idea what my tickets costs. My wife and I have a 13 game ticket package. We have had no trouble getting opening day tickets or playoff tickets.

My wife pays for the tickets - she is the Orioles fan I just go for the promotions and beer.

I will say when I go to a game by myself I go up to ticket window and ask for the cheapest ticket they have on sale. Then I sit wherever I want. Same way with the Nationals games.

Having said this, you can't do that with multiple people or for a weekend Yanks game. But I have never had a problem.

But a 30% increase in 1 year seems a little outrageous to me.

PS, our season tickets are in in section 56 - right where Manny plays 3rd base. Great seats. And the beer man never lets me down!

I think most people would understand a 3-5 % increase several years in a row but not 29%.

For the O's, it's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Raise prices every year and people will complain that they are raising prices "again." Wait a few years between price hikes, and then people are unhappy with the fact that the increase is larger.

I'm not happy to be paying more for my tickets, but I will pay it.

For the O's, it's kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. Raise prices every year and people will complain that they are raising prices "again." Wait a few years between price hikes, and then people are unhappy with the fact that the increase is larger.

I'm not happy to be paying more for my tickets, but I will pay it.

But they raised tickets in 2014.No one will report on the biggest increase in MLB this year The Sun is not much of a paper and MASN is the Orioles.

"Wanted" to pay more or "would" pay more? I think there is a difference.

EDIT: Sorry, there was supposed to be a "hahaha" behind that. Sounds kind of harsh without it.

I think some recommended it. But yeah. Many said they would not mind. They forgot to say that they should have a say in how it was spent if they paid it though. I would have preferred to keep the prices lower myself and done without.

Wow. The 13 game-plan no longer guarantees an opportunity for Opening Day tickets?! I could live with the price increase' date=' but now they're just kicking sand in our face. I'm off the fence. Stubhub here I come.[/quote']

It was that way last year too. And we still got tickets anyway.

Wow. The 13 game-plan no longer guarantees an opportunity for Opening Day tickets?! I could live with the price increase' date=' but now they're just kicking sand in our face. I'm off the fence. Stubhub here I come.[/quote']

Do you sell the others or do you get down from NY often?

What did you expect them to pay for Davis and O'day with, Confederate money? They need to make money, and raising tickets is one way. Another is less promos, raising team merch in the stores, etc. Tickets are the most direct way to go about it.

Many folks want the Angelos family to spend from their war chest, and enough to guarantee a World Series victory also. I never said that raising the payroll made me happy if the prices increased. I just want them to play competitive baseball within their budget and have opportunities for the post season as often as that allows.

Many folks want the Angelos family to spend from their war chest, and enough to guarantee a World Series victory also. I never said that raising the payroll made me happy if the prices increased. I just want them to play competitive baseball within their budget and have opportunities for the post season as often as that allows.

Same. But spending out of the war chest isn't a good business choice. Ticket prices would be low if the ballpark was brand new and everyone was coming to see it and the building was selling out every night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know, and our tickets went up 26% from last season.

I think the best benefit of season tickets is access to playoff tickets before the general public. They're guaranteed, in fact. It used to be guaranteed Opening Day tickets, but that's not the case if you only have a 13-game plan like we do. Now we have the opportunity to buy. But yeah, it's easy to get them either on StubHub or even through the box office. That's why we're not sure if we're going to renew.

I have never had season tickets and I have been able to buy tickets to home playoff game since 2012 directly from the Orioles including times I didn't get picked in the "lottery." I don't see this changing in the near future.

Archived