Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From age 35-on Frank Howard was worth 0.1 rWAR. His age 36 season you cite was as a part time DH who played 85 games. I wouldn't be too surprised if Davis was like Howard, good for a bit, but essentially worthless by the time the deal expires.

Yes, yes but can't you let us hold onto the part where he has even a glimmer of any of value? Those PH HRs will be something to behold when he's 36.

From age 35-on Frank Howard was worth 0.1 rWAR. His age 36 season you cite was as a part time DH who played 85 games. I wouldn't be too surprised if Davis was like Howard, good for a bit, but essentially worthless by the time the deal expires.

Yeah, but Davis could also be a lefty middle reliever in addition to being a near worthless position player. ;)

If Davis puts up five offensive seasons like Howard did from age 30-34, who really cares if he becomes worthless in years six and seven of the deal. He would still be well worth his contract.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Confirmed that the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> gave Chris Davis a limited no-trade clause.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pete can do no right. But how about DD here? This reminds me a bit of his Manny Ramirez signing in Boston... As with CD, he seemed to home in on Manny as the cornerstone to that offense. People screamed bloody murder when Manny signed his deal... and practically mocked DD and Boston. We all know what happened after that.

Chris Davis is not Manny Ramirez.

Archived