Roch: Brady Talks Kim

weams

I think DD struck gold when he was able to sign Kim. Of course, we have to wait to see if his game, plays well at the MLB level, but, this is not like he is a raw prospect out of college or low level single A ball.

Yes, its premature to award him the starting day COF on opening day, but I am optimistically looking forward to seeing him play this ST.

Brad Lidge was on MLB radio saying great things about Kim. Apparently they played together and Lidge predicted him as the top free agent deal of the off season (productivity for dollar value). Spoke highly of his contact rate, ability to get on base, knowledge for the game, crazy work ethic and how great of a teammate he was. Lidge feels it will all transition, so count me in the crowd of excited!

Very nice info for a first post! Thanks!

My gut feeling from what I've read - We can do okay with Rickard and Kim platooning in LF - and Rickard being the late inning defensive replacement when Kim starts. What I like about them is they both have a good eye at the plate. Worse would be using the players we had available last year.

Brad Lidge was on MLB radio saying great things about Kim. Apparently they played together and Lidge predicted him as the top free agent deal of the off season (productivity for dollar value). Spoke highly of his contact rate, ability to get on base, knowledge for the game, crazy work ethic and how great of a teammate he was. Lidge feels it will all transition, so count me in the crowd of excited!

First post and Frobby's already in your corner. Welcome!

I don't think it would be helpful for Brady to be anything but complimentary toward Kim at this juncture. They seem to have set Buck up as the bad cop.

Of course that doesn't necessarily mean that Brady wasn't being truthful.

As the old saying goes, "A man may stand to gain a great deal of peace and quiet by telling his wife he loves her, but he may still lover her all the same."

I also have to think that as a former pitcher, the reports of his arm strength could be inaccurate. I'm not saying he's going to be the next Markakis, but I doubt he's got a noodle for an arm out there, either. Any former pitcher likely has an arm that's adequate for LF.

Also, keep in mind that professional athlete 240 is much different than guy-on-the-street 240. I'm excited to see what this guy has to offer in ST, if for no other reason than because it's more fun to be positive than to crap on everything sight unseen.

Archived