Roch Kubatko for Baseball America

weams

I think they should try to convert 1 or both to OF, or even 3B. With Hardy leaving/declining Manny could move over. It may not be possible but it at very least gives the Orioles options

I don't understand why this is still a thing. If Mancini or Walker were capable of playing other positions it's very likely that they'd have been tried there once or twice in the hundreds and hundreds of professional games they've played. They're first basemen because they're not good at other positions. It's very likely that the only options this would gain the Orioles would be the option to play a terrible defensive player in the field.

I think they should try to convert 1 or both to OF, or even 3B. With Hardy leaving/declining Manny could move over. It may not be possible but it at very least gives the Orioles options

I don't remember, but Davis plays a plus level defense, and Buck says he could still play 3rd.

So wouldn't it be better to move Davis offer and let Mancini/Walker play 1st. I suspect they could play the COF or 3rd, they would have already been doing that in the minors.

This year's PECOTA comparables helped me peg Mancini - his #2 was Mark Trumbo. A positive Mancini 2016 likely gives him the chance to step into the Trumbo role on next year's club. A positive Trumbo 2016 might give us the chance to recoup the Gallardo pick, and re-live the Cruz angst about letting someone with a lot of HR and RBI walk.

Who knows. Pearce looked OK at 2b after never having played there professionally.before Davis was licked up it looked likeMancini was ourbest candidate for 1B of the future and it made sense to play him there. Nowhe is blocked for the near future. I'd like to see what he can do in other positions, with DH as a fallback.

Orioles manager Buck Showalter isn?t endorsing a trade.

?It?s like when someone says, ?Geez, if you like Mancini, why don?t you trade Christian Walker? If you like Christian Walker, why don?t you trade Trey Mancini?? OK, that?s fine,? Showalter said. ?But the other club says, ?We won?t do that. We don?t like that guy.?

I think that's Buck's way of saying, "Rock McFly, we're not trading Walker because he's obviously got no trade value. He's organizational depth. We might want to play Mancini, but we're not sure he's ready."

It could hurt. Switching positions is correlated to increased injury risk.

I meant in regards to we have 2 major league first baseman on the the big league roster, and that now would be a good time to see if their roles could change. Obviously there is an injury risk when doing something unfamiliar, especially when there is the added pressure of it being "make it or break it time". Certainly don't want to see these guys push themselves and get hurt, or worse try to play through an injury that needs to be looked at.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Archived