Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez: Odd Man Out

BohKnowsBmore

Who is the odd man out?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the odd man out?

• Reimold
    • Rickard
    • Alvarez
    • More than one of them (i.e. Paredes has a spot)

Looking at our current lineup, assuming thirteen position players and considering that it's very possible we add one of Fowler, P. Alvarez, Bruce, etc. (marked as YYYY below), who do you think ends up as the likely odd man out between Reimold, Rickard and D. Alvarez (marked as XX11 and XX22 below)?

I see:

C - Wieters

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Hardy

LF - Kim

CF - Jones

RF - Trumbo/YYYY

DH - Trumbo/YYYY

BN - Flaherty

BN - Joseph

BN - XX11

BN - XX22

I think it's pretty clear there are 2 spots for 3 players. If Alvarez still has an option, then I think he starts at Norfolk. If he does not, I think they may try to pass Nolan through waivers since he is making over $1M+. I am fairly confident Rickard has a spot based on DD's love of the Rule 5. There could be some wildcard answers here, though, since guys like Paredes are in the mix. Interested to hear what the OH thinks happens here (this question is very much conditional on us adding one of the DH/OF guys listed).

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looking at our current lineup, assuming thirteen position players and considering that it's very possible we add one of Fowler, P. Alvarez, Bruce, etc. (marked as YYYY below), who do you think ends up as the likely odd man out between Reimold, Rickard and D. Alvarez (marked as XX11 and XX22 below)?

I see:

C - Wieters

1B - Davis

2B - Schoop

3B - Machado

SS - Hardy

LF - Kim

CF - Jones

RF - Trumbo/YYYY

DH - Trumbo/YYYY

BN - Flaherty

BN - Joseph

BN - XX11

BN - XX22

I think it's pretty clear there are 2 spots for 3 players. If Alvarez still has an option, then I think he starts at Norfolk. If he does not, I think they may try to pass Nolan through waivers since he is making over $1M+. I am fairly confident Rickard has a spot based on DD's love of the Rule 5. There could be some wildcard answers here, though, since guys like Paredes are in the mix. Interested to hear what the OH thinks happens here (this question is very much conditional on us adding one of the DH/OF guys listed).

Nolan. He doesn't add anything to the team. IMO

Dan Duquette doen't even know Rickards name.

Welllll......;)

Asked about the need for a leadoff hitter, Duquette replied, "We've been looking for on-base capability. Hopefully, a couple of the outfielders we picked up can help us in that regard. The kid we got from Tampa Bay in the Rule 5 draft, Joey Rickard, and Hyun Soo Kim, they both have good on-base capability, as does L.J. Hoes.

"We'd like to continue adding to that as we build our team, but hopefully some of the guys we've got will be able to provide on-base capability."

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/02/duquette-on-adding-a-starting-pitcher-were-still-working-on-it.html

Like him or not doesn't Paredes fit into the mix somewhere?

I order them

Rickard

Reimold

Paredes

Alvarez

No, Parades is gone

With Trumbo on the roster can't afford another spot for a guy who is a huge negative defensively. How a guy hangs around baseball for a decade and is as bad as Parades is something I just don't understand. His play in RF/3B was beyond bad.

No, Parades is gone

With Trumbo on the roster can't afford another spot for a guy who is a huge negative defensively. How a guy hangs around baseball for a decade and is as bad as Parades is something I just don't understand. His play in RF/3B was beyond bad.

I think this is what will happen.

Archived