Fangraphs: After the Bubble Bursts

weams

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/on-baseball-and-elitism-and-the-yankees-and-lonn-trost/

If baseball is going to thrive, let alone going to survive the coming cable bubble bursting, and the fact that American children play less and less baseball, it will need to, on a basic level, provide easier entrance to more people, and people of all types, of all genders, of all races, of all economic classes. Inclusivity is very possibly the most profitable strategy over the long term, and making tickets harder to buy is going in the wrong direction. Trost's elitist attitude is yet another signal that the less money you have, the less interested the Yankees are in having you come to their games. And that?s a sad thing on a lot of levels.

Are we allowed to talk about the cable bubble and its socio-economic impact related to other burst bubbles?

I for one have no intent on buying cable again. Internet + phone package is all I'm interested in. But the media money is easily transferable to the internet.

Are we allowed to talk about the cable bubble and its socio-economic impact related to other burst bubbles?

I for one have no intent on buying cable again. Internet + phone package is all I'm interested in. But the media money is easily transferable to the internet.

That's not political in my point of view.

Another note -- I think the NFL is setting themselves up for the hardest fall in sports history. The theme and business park in Inglewood, of which there is a stadium in there somewhere, is the latest example. I think some people see the dangers long term and they are pushing for international expansion / other business markets to coagulate with.

Archived