Just go trade for Jay Bruce or Markakis

oriolesacox

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This was Bruce's stat line on August 1 last year: .260/.342/.492/.834

Things broke down and fell apart in the last two months, but there is at least some reason to believe he can get back to producing like that the further away he gets from that 2014 knee surgery.

He OPS'd about .730 in April and May, got hot in June, really hot in July, then hit like JJ Hardy's little sister the final two months. In 2014 he had a really good June, and adequate April, and hit .189 the other four months.

I want Bruce or Jackson (I don't want to see Trumbo in RF as the primary option, even if he does have a good arm).

If Bruce is cheap, I think that's the best option. Manny leads off unless Kim shows he can do it in spring training. Bruce fits into the 5-6 spot in the order if he rebounds. If not, Reimold/Rickard/Alvarez/etc see more playing time and Bruce is gone at the end of the year.

He was trolling.

What about Coco Crisp? He has been hurt the past couple of years, I don't think he can pass the physical. If he's healthy he could be had on the cheap. The A's just traded for two outfielders in Coglhan and Khris Davis.

At this point, I am curious to see how many innings we could wring out of his neck. The A's might give him away for free just to avoid the off chance that his option vests. On the other hand, they seem to be all about the team chemistry this year, so I suspect they aren't just looking to put him out on the curb with the old clubhouse sofa. Beane actually likes Coco.

He OPS'd about .730 in April and May, got hot in June, really hot in July, then hit like JJ Hardy's little sister the final two months. In 2014 he had a really good June, and adequate April, and hit .189 the other four months.

Did Jay Bruce steal your gf?:) Be honest. Ha Ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If and that's a big word IF the braves would take a couple of low end prospects would you be ok with that trade? Or has that ship sailed? My opinion if it didn't cost us any top 10 prospectsI would be ok with it he would bring a good obp, still hits doubles but you get no home run production and no speed

If and that's a big word IF the braves would take a couple of low end prospects would you be ok with that trade? Or has that ship sailed? My opinion if it didn't cost us any top 10 prospectsI would be ok with it he would bring a good obp, still hits doubles but you get no home run production and no speed

Welcome.

Most of our roster are well into, or will be very soon there decline years

Hardy, Jones, O'day, Davis, Jiminez, Gallardo, Gonzo, Wieters, .....

The re-build is coming and delaying it like DD has done the last 18 months is just going to make it take longer and be more painful.

Need to get younger, faster, and more athletic. Need OF'ers who can run and catch a baseball... not Nick Markakis

Most of our roster are well into, or will be very soon there decline years

Hardy, Jones, O'day, Davis, Jiminez, Gallardo, Gonzo, Wieters, .....

The re-build is coming and delaying it like DD has done the last 18 months is just going to make it take longer and be more painful.

No rebuild is coming until after 2018. See you then!

Archived