The Spring Training Overreaction Thread

Camden_yardbird

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was at the game on Monday - Harvey had an interesting outing - kind of a Nuke Lalouche type of outing, made a few guys look terrible on off speed stuff, but literally hit the net during warm ups and bounced a couple at 55 ft

Wow. Thanks for sharing. That sounds no bueno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it possible Showalter is deliberately losing these ST games as strategy to make the

teams in the AL East think we are easy to beat and for them play us not as

hard?

I think the Blue Jays being 7-1 means more than us 0-9 but not winning a game is not something to ignore completely either.

I just don't understand how you can spend $300MM in an offseason and have your starting rotation get worse.........

Because we were paying more to basically bring back the same team. Players got raised through arbitration

Weiters got more

Davis got more

Gallardo is getting paid more than Chen

O'Day got more

I certainly have an understanding of the difficulty a starting pitcher has when he pitches in the first inning, adjusting to mound, umpires, just getting a feel. It seems this spring, the O's are behind from the first inning on because of the starters consistently giving up 2 or 3 runs. How many innings have the O's had leads this spring? Tillman's ERA in the first innings over the years have been very poor until he gets in a groove. I think there are others with similar problems. It would seem to me that there should be a change in pre game routines if there is such a pattern. Relievers have to come in ready, pitch on chewed up mounds and usually in somewhat pressure situations. Shouldn't Wallace try something?

I certainly have an understanding of the difficulty a starting pitcher has when he pitches in the first inning, adjusting to mound, umpires, just getting a feel. It seems this spring, the O's are behind from the first inning on because of the starters consistently giving up 2 or 3 runs. How many innings have the O's had leads this spring? Tillman's ERA in the first innings over the years have been very poor and he seems to get in a groove. I think there are others with similar problems. It would seem to me that there should be a change in pre game routines if there is such a pattern. Relievers have to come in ready, pitch on chewed up mounds and usually in somewhat pressure situations. Shouldn't Wallace try something?

It would be easier to understand if it was happening to the other team as well.

I think the Blue Jays being 7-1 means more than us 0-9 but not winning a game is not something to ignore completely either.

Not panicking yet. That said I do not think that the play we have seen to date inspires a whole lot of confidence. I think the appropriate way to view it is gaurded concern...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived