Roch: All kinds of fact drops and innuendos.

weams

Davis was a temp?

Davis was making 10 million dollars last year, and heading into his FA year.

He's already got his money.

He had a lot more to lose last year.

The whole argument is ass backwards to me.

Davis is getting paid 160 milion dollars. He should do whatever the company asks him to do.

He was year to year with no long term commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely think that Chris Davis would go out and play RF with no issue at all if Buck asked him to. I do not think that will happen, because I do not think that Chris Davis is any better defensively out there than Mark Trumbo. I think its that simple.

He was year to year with no long term commitment.

Show me the temp making 10 million dollars a year. LOL.

The idea that Davis can't spend 50 games in RF this year b/c he's being paid too much money is, as I said, ass backwards.

I absolutely think that Chris Davis would go out and play RF with no issue at all if Buck asked him to. I do not think that will happen, because I do not think that Chris Davis is any better defensively out there than Mark Trumbo. I think its that simple.

That's the only logical reason to take that position.

One I happen to disagree with though.

But at least it's logical.

Show me the temp making 10 million dollars a year. LOL.

The idea that Davis can't spend 50 games in RF this year b/c he's being paid too much money is, as I said, ass backwards.

It's an analogy...

Do you disagree that there's a difference between Davis's status now relative to before he signed a big long term deal?

If at the beginning of the year' date=' if you knew we weren't going to get Davis, would you have been okay with Trumbo and Alvarez as his replacement?[/quote']

If one were omniscient with respect to how free agency plays out, they could do very well. Unfortunately that's far from the case and there are too many moving parts to really make that comparison or analysis.

That's all anyone has been saying. It's not a compelling enough case to upset the apple cart.

No, that's not all people, including yourself, have been saying.

People have said it will make Davis "uncomfortable", thus, affecting his performance.

But he hit 50 bombs last year doing it.

So that doesn't make any sense.

People have said that Buck won't ask a vet to do something like that.

But he asked Davis last year to do it. And Davis was certainly a vet.

If you think Trumbo and Davis are close defensively then say that, and only that.

But like I said, I think tune's will be changing about that by May.

Kim/Alvarez:

The initial response to the Alvarez news was that Trumbo instantly became the right fielder, but I've already had left field floated past me as another possibility. Let's not assume that Hyun Soo Kim automatically breaks camp as a starter.

It's been projected and expected, but there's always the possibility that Trumbo slides over to left, Kim goes to the bench and right field is handled by Nolan Reimold, Rule 5 pick Joey Rickard or L.J. Hoes. Dariel Alvarez and Henry Urrutia are on the 40-man roster. The Orioles have choices.

My thoughts are Kim is NOT a regular and Alvarez makes OD roster after Reimold goes to DL.

This means that Kim is a lock and Reimold makes the roster. :):):)

It's an analogy...

Do you disagree that there's a difference between Davis's status now relative to before he signed a big long term deal?

Status?

Sure he's going to be here for a long time.

But I think that should make him MORE willing to play the OF. He doens't have to worry about money or contract anymore.

No, that's not all people, including yourself, have been saying.

People have said it will make Davis "uncomfortable", thus, affecting his performance.

But he hit 50 bombs last year doing it.

So that doesn't make any sense.

People have said that Buck won't ask a vet to do something like that.

But he asked Davis last year to do it. And Davis was certainly a vet.

If you think Trumbo and Davis are close defensively then say that, and only that.

But like I said, I think tune's will be changing about that by May.

The comfort aspect is a follow on to he no significant difference point. If there were any compelling difference that point alone wouldn't be very strong. But since I see no noticeable difference between the two in RF, I see no good reason to make a change just for the sake of it, particularly when the team has committed big time to one of the players in question.

Like I have said before, when push comes to shove and it becomes clear the best alignment is with Davis in RF then he will go to Buck and make that move. He's never been a diva, he has always been a team player and now that he has been paid he has a vested interest in seeing the team succeed.

Archived