• Hand Signals after Singles
    • Crafty Pitchers
    • Defensive Wizardry
    • Steady Performers
    • Throwing Guys Out, at any base
    • Team Speed in General

This poll is closed to new votes

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/what-type-of-baseball-dork-are-you/

This isn't going to be one of those online quizzes where you answer a few questions and then some script determines what you are based on your feedback. This is a quiz where you answer one question, a question you might never have been asked before. Maybe you're going to learn something about yourself. We're all put here to learn about ourselves.

I'm not at all hyperactive. I like Home Runs. Great pitching. Great Defense.

I don't care about stealing bases, bunting to advance runners and bat flips.

I like hitting in general. Players that can take what the pitcher gives them. I do not care for one dimensional HR hitters. I also like speed that causes defenses to rush. I like players that can run the bases and stretch singles into doubles and go from 1st to 3rd on routine hits. Overall, I find Hr's boring.

I think that is part of the current "tired" controversy. I think folks that need more constant activity tend to like the action moments more frequently. I prefer to admire the Majesty. Myself. Of course, I enjoyed seeing the folks playing chess at breakfast yesterday too.

I like hitting in general. Players that can take what the pitcher gives them. I do not care for one dimensional HR hitters. I also like speed that causes defenses to rush. I like players that can run the bases and stretch singles into doubles and go from 1st to 3rd on routine hits. Overall, I find Hr's boring.
I think that is part of the current "tired" controversy. I think folks that need more constant activity tend to like the action moments more frequently. I prefer to admire the Majesty. Myself. Of course, I enjoyed seeing the folks playing chess at breakfast yesterday too.

There is nothing boring about a HR, nor is there anything more majestic in baseball than a long fly soaring thru the night sky. If you've hit enough HR's (whether its softball or baseball) you know that nothing feels better coming off of the bat than a HR when you know you got all of it, and then watching as it clears the fence. NOTHING in the game feels better or is more satisfying. Throwing a runner out from the OF is a great feeling. Hitting a liner down the baseline for extra bases is great. Beating out an IF hit is great. There are a lot of great moments/feelings in the game, but NOTHING can top hitting a no doubt about it HR! NOTHING

I know what I like and I like what I know.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eK9a2jLEAfs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5hZqtabiFeo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know.

I think I'm more of a pitching dork when I watch on tv, but appreciate hitting more when I'm at the ballpark. I'm guessing due to the different angles the game is viewed at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't really thought of it in those terms, but I'm pretty similar.

I haven't really thought of it in those terms, but I'm pretty similar.

I think I am similar. Unfortunately, we have had little to get geeked about in the pitching department for years. SO I became a power hitting exclusive fanboy.

Archived