Janish will be missed if he opts out (He stayed)

wildcard

I shudder to think of Paul Janish getting 200-300 MLB PAs for this team. If they can't find a suitable replacement for a .575 OPS guy with a good glove they have some problems. There have to be some unemployed Izturises around somewhere.

I'd take Kim over Janish in a second.

Cant hit and can't field, isn't that worse, than gold glove and no bat?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shudder to think of Paul Janish getting 200-300 MLB PAs for this team. If they can't find a suitable replacement for a .575 OPS guy with a good glove they have some problems. There have to be some unemployed Izturises around somewhere.

Agree. Janish has had a nice spring, but is only really useful to this club in case of injury. The perfect guy to stash at AAA for a rainy day, but really not a good use of a 25 man roster spot. We tried to pressure Kim and appear to have lost; keeping him on board is a much better use of a spot than Janish.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pitcher Chaz Roe is going through waivers after being assigned to Triple-A ball by the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a>.</p>— Jerry Crasnick (@jcrasnick) <a href="

">April 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Roch:

Janish has had a good spring. His line is 293/375/390/765. He is also a excellent infielder. At 33, he probably belong on someone's bench in the majors. He played at Norfolk last year and was called up to help out when Hardy was injured.

Rosa is having a good spring and Ozzie Martinez will be in the minors as back up. But Janish is a grade above them at this point. I would love to see him stay but understand if he can find a spot in the majors he has to take it.

If we really end up needing a Janish, it ain't hard to find another.

"Shudder to think"? Yeah, that's not over-the-top.

Get back to me when Hardy goes down.

I couldn't disagree more with you, but that's nothing new.

Do you love being a pessimistic person? :)

How many starters does a MLB team use in a season? How many injuries occur? It's not being negative, it's being prepared and not moronic to think injuries wont happen.

DD usually does a very good job with this. AM was terrible.

At the very least, Janish has value in a trade but much rather keep him. I think the fact he only played short tells me he will be traded though.

We will need to replace his depth in the minors. I much rather just hold on to him and keep Hardy fresh.

How many starters does a MLB team use in a season? How many injuries occur? It's not being negative, it's being prepared and not moronic to think injuries wont happen.

DD usually does a very good job with this. AM was terrible.

At the very least, Janish has value in a trade but much rather keep him. I think the fact he only played short tells me he will be traded though.

We will need to replace his depth in the minors. I much rather just hold on to him and keep Hardy fresh.

I agree we need depth, I doubt Janish has trade value, he has cleared waivers more than once, and was on a MIL deal as no other major league team was interested.

Really good clubhouse guy and great glove, but with no stick, doesn't have much value, other than depth and insurance.

I was happy to have Janish as insurance at AAA last season, and I'd be happy to have him available at Norfolk this season too. But he was available at Norfolk last year because nobody wanted him on their major league roster last offseason. What makes people think that teams would be lining up to sign him to their opening day roster if the O's don't have room for him?

I'd much rather use that roster spot for David Murphy.

Janish has had a good spring. And if he cracked the roster, he'd be sitting on the bench routinely. No one in their right mind would think he would keep the pace he's currently hitting at. He's an insurance AAA guy for a just in case Hardy situation. That's it. No way should he make the 25 man roster.

I was happy to have Janish as insurance at AAA last season, and I'd be happy to have him available at Norfolk this season too. But he was available at Norfolk last year because nobody wanted him on their major league roster last offseason. What makes people think that teams would be lining up to sign him to their opening day roster if the O's don't have room for him?

Exactly. Does anyone not understand that?

Archived