Trumbo's defense & Crush

Rene88

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In 2015, Delmon Young played 40 games in RF for the Orioles. He had a DRS of +2 and 7 assists, or one more assist than Trumbo (with the great arm) has had in his whole career in RF.

I think Delmon had a great arm.

Hardy is no longer an upper echelon defender. Schoop may not be. Davis probably is not. Trumbo certainly isn't and who knows who will play left.
Hardy had a 12.2 UZR last season. That's much better than average. Schoop had a down half year in terms of range coming off an injury. He was 5.8 UZR in 2014. Still has one of the highest DP% of MLB 2B. Davis had a 3.7 UZR at 1B. As I said Trumbo is below average

What makes you say that about Hardy?
Hardy would have had the 6th best UZR of the SS who qualified, had he qualified. Just behind Andrus and above Tulo. If he hadn't been injured and thus played more, he probably would have been higher.

Trumbo's defense in RF is not good. He seems like a winner. Great bat, great guy, great attitude.

However, he is a big liability in RF.

I much rather see Davis out there but not sure with what they are paying Davis, that will happen.

What say you?

Funny when we signed Fowler and had Kim we thought we had OF squared away and now we are back to lots of ? marks, at least defensively.

Do you think Davis will see play in the OF?

Will they go with Trumbo do or die?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Trumbo hits 40 bombs, I don't care what kind of defense he plays...

I gotta wonder whether it is possible to EVER please some people.

The team is loaded with maulers.

A leadoff hitting LF with an OBP nearing 50% fell from the sky like a gift from the baseball Gods.

Hardy, Bundy, and maybe even Weiters look healthy.

We have 4 or 5 guys with a legit shot at 30+ HR's

We have a phenomenal bullpen

The starters will have plenty of run support.

And we're worried about Trumbo as a defensive liability? Seriously?

Yeah, he's not a gold glove but jeez... get some perspective.

No team is perfect.

This is a weird post. I'm glad you're optimistic about the team, but there are clearly some significant flaws as well. Trumbo's defense could certainly be one of those flaws, and it's an issue worth talking about.

This is a weird post. I'm glad you're optimistic about the team, but there are clearly some significant flaws as well. Trumbo's defense could certainly be one of those flaws, and it's an issue worth talking about.

Are you a believer that Davis is significantly better in right field than Trumbo?

Hardy would have had the 6th best UZR of the SS who qualified, had he qualified. Just behind Andrus and above Tulo. If he hadn't been injured and thus played more, he probably would have been higher.

Hardy also possesses one of the more accurate throwing arms at SS in MLB.

I am a believer that Trumbo is a better RFer than Chris Davis. And I believe it isn't real close.
I think Trumbo might have a slight edge only because he has had more OF playing time. But I think it is close and neither are optimal.

I think Trumbo might have a slight edge only because he has had more OF playing time. But I think it is close and neither are optimal.

If their bats are booming, then its less likely to be an issue.

What's the alternative, getting Lough back with stellar defense and no bat?

I think Trumbo/Davis will not win gold gloves, but their defense is not sub-par either.

If Trumbo hits 40 bombs, I don't care what kind of defense he plays...

But that does matter. Defense matters a whole lot.

I get your point, not dismissing, but if he costs games defensively, that must be factored in.

I am a believer that Trumbo is a better RFer than Chris Davis. And I believe it isn't real close.
But that does matter. Defense matters a whole lot.

I get your point, not dismissing, but if he costs games defensively, that must be factored in.

So many opinions.

Archived