Orioles Release Miguel Gonzalez

SticksandStones

Big Gonzo fan. Sad for him, but it needed to be done.

It's hilarious that people were mad at the FO for keeping around guys who weren't producing (Norris, Hunter, Gonzo, every RF'er) last year, and now that they are being proactive about getting rid of players who aren't producing before the season even starts, people are still complaining.

Gonzo had as good a start last night as Ubaldo or Gallardo or Tillman has had. Big mistake, imho.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't recall seeing a single complaint in this 13-page thread. Sad to see him go does not mean that anyone disagrees with the decision. Definitely a good move for the O's and probably for Gonzo to avoid Bud Norris redux and I think everyone on the board understands that.

Not everyone. I disagree with the decision.

Gonzo had as good a start last night as Ubaldo or Gallardo or Tillman has had. Big mistake, imho.

He was bailed out by the defense and a foul ball. Against a very suspect Braves lineup.

And Gallardo? And Ubaldo?

Gallardo did not have a piss poor 2nd half in 2015 for this team. Ubaldo has that contract, unfortunately. Gonzalez sucked last year and showed no improvement (maybe even some regression) this Spring. No big deal. Wish him the best of luck.

Gallardo did not have a piss poor 2nd half in 2015 for this team. Ubaldo has that contract, unfortunately. Gonzalez sucked last year and showed no improvement (maybe even some regression) this Spring. No big deal. Wish him the best of luck.

That is the rationale. I get it, I just disagree that there is not more that could be had from a veteran pitcher who has had success for years in the AL East. I think we will live to be regretting this decision not too far down the road.

That is the rationale. I get it, I just disagree that there is not more that could be had from a veteran pitcher who has had success for years in the AL East. I think we will live to be regretting this decision not too far down the road.

I really do understand your dismay here. I do. He's a great guy to root for.

Archived