Orioles Release Miguel Gonzalez

SticksandStones

He looked bad last evening. But he sure tried. It was Atlanta's C team. The equivalent of AA.

Gonzalez has always seemed like an A+ person and teammate. He has the right attitude and tries really hard. It's remarkable how far he's come in carving out the major league career that he has. It's sad to see this happen to him.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I echo your comments sir.

One of my favorite Orioles, but results matter.

This tells me that $ is going somewhere else.

Do you see a trade coming? To me you just don't release a guy unless there is

someone to take over. I don't know if there is a pitcher in 3A that can take his

spot in the rotation?

Do you see a trade coming? To me you just don't release a guy unless there is

someone to take over. I don't know if there is a pitcher in 3A that can take his

spot in the rotation?

That man who pitched last night would give up 10 runs to the Red Sox or Tigers or Blue Jays. Like he did at the end of last season. He has no velosity. He did it all with will and guts and 82 MPH splitter.

If no trade:

1. Tillman

2. Gallardo

3. Jimenez

4. Wright

5. Wilson

Then Gausman comes back, send one of Wright or Wilson down.

Yep, gotta think this is how the Orioles move forward with the rotation. Both Wright and Wilson have been solid this spring. We'll see how they do when the lights come on.

Gotta say I'm a little surprised by this move but judging by the stuff i saw last night I'd say it's the right move. Great guy and teammate and a really nice story. I'll miss the Yankee killer but as with everything, times moves on and he wasn't worth the financial risk. With both Wright and Wilson destined for the rotation, the team is really short on starting depth in AAA until Gausman comes back. I guess they could stretch Worley or Bundy out but DD's trade of Davies is still haunting him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One of these two got $16 million as a free agent this winter. The other just got released. <a href="https://t.co/RNxCHiHZLE">https://t.co/RNxCHiHZLE</a></p>— David Cameron (@DCameronFG) <a href="

">March 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived