Masn tv question

Diehard_O's_Fan

If you're a t-mobile subscriber, they seem to have a promo for free mlb.tv for the entire season http://www.t-mobile.com/mlb.html. The sign up period is from April 3 - 10 but I haven't been able to get deep into the registration process. I would think that once you have your free mlb.tv subscription, you can then use your pc or smartv to connect and watch the feed. If you're in the MASN market, you will probably be blacked out. At least you can see other games.

This is for new or current T-Mobile subscribers. You need to register from your mobile phone while on their network.

If you're a t-mobile subscriber, they seem to have a promo for free mlb.tv for the entire season http://www.t-mobile.com/mlb.html. The sign up period is from April 3 - 10 but I haven't been able to get deep into the registration process. I would think that once you have your free mlb.tv subscription, you can then use your pc or smartv to connect and watch the feed. If you're in the MASN market, you will probably be blacked out. At least you can see other games.
o

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

There are 6 teams that residents of Cedar Rapids, Iowa cannot watch:

The Twins

The Brewers

The White Sox

The Cubs

The Cardinals

The Royals

So if I understand you correctly I can watch the games on MASN only when they are not playing these teams. Is that correct?

So if I understand you correctly I can watch the games on MASN only when they are not playing these teams. Is that correct?

I live in NYC, so I'm forced to watch the YES or SNY feeds whenever the Orioles are in town. If you should happen to get any feeds with the Twins, Brewers, White Sox, Cubs, Cardinals and Royals, use the MLB.tv app and play the audio. I tend to try to sync up the tv feed (muted) and play the BAL radio feed just so I don't have to listen to the local broadcasters.

If you get MLB.tv or Extra Innings...yes. You won't be able to watch any of the games on MASN without one of those two.

You can enter your zip code at http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp#blackout to find out which teams' games will be blacked out on MLB.tv for you.

I get the MASN channel on dish network. Do I need to have the MLB extra innings package in order to watch the games on MASN? It seems like that I won't be able to watch the games when the Orioles play teams in my local area.

I get the MASN channel on dish network. Do I need to have the MLB extra innings package in order to watch the games on MASN? It seems like that I won't be able to watch the games when the Orioles play teams in my local area.

You won't be able to watch games against the Royals or Cardinals on anything other than network TV.

Yes. All games on MASN will be blacked out because you're not in the broadcast region. Dish is giving you the sports channels, but unless you live in the broadcast region, all pro sports games will be blacked out unless you have the package for that sport (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc).

Yes. All games on MASN will be blacked out because you're not in the broadcast region. Dish is giving you the sports channels, but unless you live in the broadcast region, all pro sports games will be blacked out unless you have the package for that sport (MLB Extra Innings, NHL Center Ice, etc).

Thank you for the definitive answer.

I still find it amazing that as I am not subject to black-outs, I can sit here in the UK and watch every single game without restriction.

So I feel very sorry for people who are in the US and are in these black-out 'hotspots'

It is completely messed up the way MLB handles all this. You want every NFL game? Bam! Pay a fee and you have it. You want every MLB game? NO SOUP FOR YOU!

It is completely messed up the way MLB handles all this. You want every NFL game? Bam! Pay a fee and you have it. You want every MLB game? NO SOUP FOR YOU!

I've read about some really interesting stories in regard to football blackouts from way back when.

The 1958 overtime world championship game bewteen the Colts and the Giants was blacked out in the New York City area, so thousands of Giants fans jumped in their cars and headed to New Haven, CT to watch the game in bars or at a person's house that they knew that lived in that area.

14 years later in December of 1972, Steelers fans were blacked out of the Immaculate Reception game, so thousands of their fans headed across the border into Ohio to watch that one.

And of course, there was the Jets-Raiders Heidi game from the Fall of 1968 ...... not a "blackout" game, but the thrilling final minute and 9 seconds of the game was not shown so that the movie about the little girl in the Alps could start promptly at 7 P.M.

I think this is the answer...

If a regional sports network DIRECTV carries has local rights to broadcast a game, customers within the region can receive that game through any DIRECTV? CHOICE or SPORTS Pack subscription, which includes customers' local regional sports network(s). Customers outside of the region will receive that game through the appropriate out?of?market pro sports subscription.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/global/contentPage.jsp?assetId=2500002

Straight from DIRECTV's mouth, for any one who doubts the answer in this thread.

I've read about some really interesting stories in regard to football blackouts from way back when.

The 1958 overtime world championship game bewteen the Colts and the Giants was blacked out in the New York City area, so thousands of Giants fans jumped in their cars and headed to New Haven, CT to watch the game in bars or at a person's house that they knew that lived in that area.

14 years later in December of 1972, Steelers fans were blacked out of the Immaculate Reception game, so thousands of their fans headed across the border into Ohio to watch that one.

And of course, there was the Jets-Raiders Heidi game from the Fall of 1968 ...... not a "blackout" game, but the thrilling final minute and 9 seconds of the game was not shown so that the movie about the little girl in the Alps could start promptly at 7 P.M.

The 1977 double overtime playoff game between the Raiders and Colts on Christmas Eve was blacked out in Baltimore. I listened to it on the radio, with Chuck Thompson calling the action, of course.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Archived