Felt like a classic Showalter-era Orioles win

Barnaby Graves

We had some chances to get some insurance runs last night to save the pen, or at least Britton. Schoop didn't score from 2nd with two outs, and Machado popped up a 3-0 pitch with Rickard on and only 1 out.

Sano has a great arm and Schoop would've been out.

Yep, I'll take 'em. The Twins pretty much put us out of business last year. I'd be happy to return the favor this year. I do think a better lineup might have hit Gallardo a lot harder.

Gosh. Gallardo can't win with some fans. Oh well. Just happy with the win.

I don't think there was anything difficult that BS did last night. Yes, it was typical Buck last night. He likes to win series and his use of the bullpen help assure the W and the series. I am not crazy about the bullets he has left in the pen today. I am not crazy about UJ following Gallardo. This early and in cold weather they will be fortunate to get 5 out of UJ, that means McFarland, Worley, Bundy and who closes? ZB threw a lot of pitches last night and despite 2k's, he was all over the place. Yes, it was classic Buck, win the series, set up for the next.

I'd imagine everybody will be available tonight with Brach being the last option. I'm sure they'd like to stay away from Britton, but if there is a save situation, you can bet he comes in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gosh. Gallardo can't win with some fans. Oh well. Just happy with the win.

Nothing wrong with offering an opinion. I too thought Gallardo got by with smoke and mirrors last night. The results were good, but a more powerful lineup could have done some serious damage with those 88mph fastballs.

Nothing wrong with offering an opinion. I too thought Gallardo got by with smoke and mirrors last night. The results were good, but a more powerful lineup could have done some serious damage with those 88mph fastballs.

Isn't this the same lineup that took all 7 games from the Birds, last season?

Be careful. You are not allowed to offer an opinion if it places a cloud in someone else's clear blue sky. Don't upset the lollipop brigade. Just spoon feed them the Gerbers.

I'm just surprised we are winning games with Trumbo and Wieters making big contributions.

Isn't this the same lineup that took all 7 games from the Birds, last season?

Last year was last year. Those results are irrelevant to this season.

Do you honestly think this Twins team is going to be among the leaders in offensive production this year? I certainly don't see it.

I'm just going by what I saw of Gallardo last night. I liked the result (obviously), but I do think there is cause for concern because of his stuff. We shall see.

I'd imagine everybody will be available tonight with Brach being the last option. I'm sure they'd like to stay away from Britton, but if there is a save situation, you can bet he comes in.

Bundy was fully warmed three innings in a row last night. He might not be available. Buck would never say that tho.

I feel like we got the Twins at a good time. It might take a while for young guys like Buxton and Sano to get going.

Buxton was 2 for 2 last night with 2 doubles. Dude looks like he's going to be a beast.

I have been a Orioles fan since attending my first game at Memorial Stadium as an 8 year old in 1963. IMO Buck along with Earl are by far the best Os managers of all time in managing the pen and changing pitchers. Phil Reagan and Hargrove were the worst, Phil seemed clueless and Hargrove just made mindless matchup changes mostly lefty righty as if on auto pilot! Both were just terrible to watch!!

Wow - I had forgotten about Hargrove's breakneck pitching changes. Didn't he used to warm guys up and sit them down a lot too?

You rarely hear Buck doing that without good reason. I dunno - given how few innings our rotation tends to eat up, it's amazing our bullpen stays relatively fresh for a full season. Some of that also comes from Dan's willingness to make moves between AAA and the big club... It's a combination of factors, I suppose. But I dunno - so easy to take Buck for granted. I hope we and Peter never do. He's truly one of the game's historically good managers. I hope he wins a title or two with us, and then gets into the HOF. He seems on that kind of track to me.

Last year was last year. Those results are irrelevant to this season.

Do you honestly think this Twins team is going to be among the leaders in offensive production this year? I certainly don't see it.

I'm just going by what I saw of Gallardo last night. I liked the result (obviously), but I do think there is cause for concern because of his stuff. We shall see.

I would place more trust in Gallardo who has a track record as an innings eater and who is a pitcher versus Gausman who even though he throws a lot harder puts too many guys on base and too many 96 mph meatballs with no movement down the middle of the plate. He is much more of a worry to me if he is ever going to be a reliable major league starter.

Archived