Jones has harsh words for fans that booed Kim

FanSince88

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2016/04/06/jones-fans-booing-kim-opening-day-disrespectful-distasteful/

Good for AJ. I'm glad he had the guts and the leadership to call out some disrespectful people. Booing Kim was completely out of line. Period.

Some fans may not like that Kim chose to exercise his right to refuse a minor league contract. But the fact is, he was within his rights. He wants to stay here and try to be an Oriole. Who can blame him for wanting that? Plus, the OF is just as crowded at AAA as it is here. Take it up with DD if you don't like the way his contract was written.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome. I'm glad he said that, and said it plainly. Kim's response in the article was classy as well.

“I also heard the boos. And I really appreciate Adam’s comments about that,” Kim said. “Now what I feel like is I will try my best to get back to how I was before and actually contribute to the team so there are no boos for me, and actually only cheers for me. So I am going to make sure I prepare myself to be a good player.”

This is why Jones is as important a clubhouse presence as anyone. He's sticking up for a teammate. Do the fans have a right to boo? You bet.Jones has a right to speak out and often does.This is the definition of a team leader. I hope that when the time comes the Orioles don't let him get away because Adam Jones is the face of the Orioles and should be an Oriole for "life".He was right to defend a struggling teammate, and right to give Kim "his back".

etch it in stone Roy. Well said.

http://www.baltimorebaseball.com/2016/04/06/jones-fans-booing-kim-opening-day-disrespectful-distasteful/

Good for AJ. I'm glad he had the guts and the leadership to call out some disrespectful people. Booing Kim was completely out of line. Period.

Some fans may not like that Kim chose to exercise his right to refuse a minor league contract. But the fact is, he was within his rights. He wants to stay here and try to be an Oriole. Who can blame him for wanting that? Plus, the OF is just as crowded at AAA as it is here. Take it up with DD if you don't like the way his contract was written.

I thought this was a fairly hard hitting question and article. https://t.co/kFRtxPztKQ

I thought this was a fairly hard hitting question and article. https://t.co/kFRtxPztKQ

Did MASN report this? I don't like booing your own team. I guess when Yankee or Red Sox fans boo ,they are idiots. I didn't like when they booed Kevin Gregg or Michael Gonzalez.

I guess when Oriole fans boo their own players they have a better reason.

Strong article here from Dan and strong words from Adam. AJ is right - there was no reason to boo the man. He's exercising a contractual right that the O's willingly agreed to. Booing here just indicates fans that are uninformed.

This is why Jones is as important a clubhouse presence as anyone. He's sticking up for a teammate. Do the fans have a right to boo? You bet.Jones has a right to speak out and often does.This is the definition of a team leader. I hope that when the time comes the Orioles don't let him get away because Adam Jones is the face of the Orioles and should be an Oriole for "life".He was right to defend a struggling teammate, and right to give Kim "his back".

Adam Jones is the most important Oriole on the team, even if he may not be the best.

Great post I have read on here in a while. And the reason Jones is my favorite Oriole. Love me some AJ!!!!

Archived