Jones has harsh words for fans that booed Kim

FanSince88

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad he did this. Gotta stand up for your teammates. The Kim situation is unfortunate but I agree with Adam ultimately. I try not to boo our players as much as I used to. I know they make a lot more than I do but I have more empathy than I did. Now for the opponents, I even booed the Royals and Yankees trainers in their playoff introductions heh.

This is why Jones is as important a clubhouse presence as anyone. He's sticking up for a teammate. Do the fans have a right to boo? You bet.Jones has a right to speak out and often does.This is the definition of a team leader. I hope that when the time comes the Orioles don't let him get away because Adam Jones is the face of the Orioles and should be an Oriole for "life".He was right to defend a struggling teammate, and right to give Kim "his back".

Booing a player who hasn't played a single game who has had no off-field issues? Doesn't make sense to boo him.

This guy was the Arod or Ichiro of Korea and they did not even give him a chance. They should be playing him every game and if in mid-May he's not cutting it, fine. It annoys me seeing losers like Pedro Alvarez who look sluggish at the plate get to play everyday but not a potential superstar. :angryfire:

I've supported Kim in this little debacle because he's well within his rights.

AT THE SAME TIME, the O's are well within theirs to play who they feel is better.

It's really not as complicated or ambiguous as people are trying to make it to be.

This guy was the Arod or Ichiro of Korea and they did not even give him a chance. They should be playing him every game and if in mid-May he's not cutting it, fine. It annoys me seeing losers like Pedro Alvarez who look sluggish at the plate get to play everyday but not a potential superstar. :angryfire:

Lol, that's really funny

You're mad that the Orioles are playing a proven Major League slugger over a Korean player who couldn't hit water if he fell off a boat and refused to go to the Minor Leagues to work on his game? Are you for real?

He hits 230 at most, Kim has the ability to be a new Arod or Ichiro, they definitely set him up to fail. They tell these players Spring training stats don't matter, it's just to warm up then use it against them.

Booing a player who hasn't played a single game who has had no off-field issues? Doesn't make sense to boo him.

I agree--I have no problem with booing players when they play exceptionally badly, but give the guy a chance before you boo him. I bet nobody booed Dylan Bundy, even though he also probably should be in the minors and is only in Baltimore because of poor judgment on contract provisions by the front office.

I'd like to see what Kim can do. He should have had more of a chance during the spring. They lost faith in him prematurely and shut him down before they had any serious bidder from Korea to take him back.

On the other hand, I could not pick a guy in our starting lineup that I would want to bench (even occasionally) in favor of Kim.

So, yes it is unfair, but life isn't fair and they are doing what's right for the team.

Ok, I'm pretty sure you're just trolling us now.

No I just notice a pattern with Buck, that he sets players up to fail who rub him wrong, then play the Ryan Flahertys and Joey Rickards into the ground because they are 'finds'.

Archived