NPR StoryCorps piece on O's vendor Clarence Haskett

Spy Fox

I heard it this morning. He serves beer in my section all the time, and is quite the character. He got mad at me one time when I wanted some brand of beer that he'd run out of, and he said he'd come back with it, but in the meantime another vendor came through who had the brand and I bought it from him. Clancy came back a few minutes later, saw that I had my beer, and made a big spectacle of it. I mentioned it on here at the time and there was about 99% agreement that (1) I had no obligation to wait until Clancy returned, even though he said he would, and (2) he should not have made a big deal about it in front of his customers. In any event, I don't hold any grudge about it, it was just one of those things. He's pretty amusing.

I heard it this morning. He serves beer in my section all the time, and is quite the character. He got mad at me one time when I wanted some brand of beer that he'd run out of, and he said he'd come back with it, but in the meantime another vendor came through who had the brand and I bought it from him. Clancy came back a few minutes later, saw that I had my beer, and made a big spectacle of it. I mentioned it on here at the time and there was about 99% agreement that (1) I had no obligation to wait until Clancy returned, even though he said he would, and (2) he should not have made a big deal about it in front of his customers. In any event, I don't hold any grudge about it, it was just one of those things. He's pretty amusing.

Yeah. You can drink y'all. We are not at church.

NPR,too intellectual for my small brain.

[video=youtube;kQSO0RbmHBI]

[video=youtube;yqQRi9zpS0o]

Archived