Based on what you've seen...

Bradysburns

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still too early. Nice to see the team start hot but our starting pitching shouldn't be this good. Tillman might bounce back but Ubaldo is notoriously inconsistent and the rest of the staff is unproven.

Great start to the season. A torrid April could really propel this team.

It's early, but I was high on them before the season started. They can have mediocre starting pitching and get a lot of wins. It's huge to get three wins while only scoring 3 or 4 runs.

Where are the 8-7 scores I kept hearing about this spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's early, but I was high on them before the season started. They can have mediocre starting pitching and get a lot of wins. It's huge to get three wins while only scoring 3 or 4 runs.

Where are the 8-7 scores I kept hearing about this spring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps that came from RS Fans. :P Each side with a GS in their game tonight with BJs.

A statistician would say their expected win total is up a game or two. Since if you think they are a true talent .500 team, after starting off 4-0 if they play exactly like a .500 team going forward they would finish 83-79.

It's way too early and 4-0 can easily become 4-4 in the blink of an eye. I will remain cautiously optimistic. Let's get through the first month first before we start getting carried away. They sure are making it hard to resist

that, though.

The things I've seen so far that give me hope;

- Hitters seems to be working the count more. Schoop struck on a 3 - 2 count looking (!!!!) tonight. Seems like the focus on working counts and getting on base Buck has been preaching is having an effect

- Wieters looks like he's going to be solid. He's had several fantastic at bats in clutch situations (the 10 pitch at bat against Archer in the 4th turned the game around)

- Rickard looks like he belongs here (so far) and his power has been surprising

- The top three starters have shown that spring training is meaningless and they still know how to pitch

- O'Day is still O'Day despite the big contract and bad spring

- Our bullpen should better than last year with the additions of Givens and Bundy

I'm concerned about whether Alvarez can handle the transition to DH, I don't like carrying a useless player on the bench (Kim) and want to see how Wright and Worley perform, but I'm thrilled with how things have gone so far.

Based on what I've seen so far, I think this team could hit 250 homeruns without breaking a sweat. I think we are an 85 team right now. I can't go any higher than that without seeing the starting rotation through three or four times.

I think Manny and Chris will hit 40 homeruns and Schoop will hit 30, assuming health. I feel safe making those predictions.

Archived