MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

MARK DANIEL TRUMBO

o

Game-winner.

o

#43 was another game-winner ...... in a one-run, low-scoring game.

He gets a lot of grief for his second half, but the Orioles would be two games further back had he not stepped up big in those one run games you cited. For that, I'm grateful.

Home runs are all he's offering in the second half, but what can you say, home runs affect ball games.

Home runs are all he's offering in the second half, but what can you say, home runs affect ball games.

I'm very happy to have had Trumbo this year. His defensive shortcomings infuriate me at times, and he hasn't been as strong the last couple of months, but I just can't argue with 43 homers and 101 RBI. If we make the playoffs, he'll be one of the big reasons why.

I'm very happy to have had Trumbo this year. His defensive shortcomings infuriate me at times, and he hasn't been as strong the last couple of months, but I just can't argue with 43 homers and 101 RBI. If we make the playoffs, he'll be one of the big reasons why.

I know it is late September and I really need to let this go, but I still fantasize about this outfield:

Kim/Rickard, Jones, Fowler

Plus Trumbo with an occasional outfield start to keep him frisky.

I know it is late September and I really need to let this go, but I still fantasize about this outfield:

Kim/Rickard, Jones, Fowler

Plus Trumbo with an occasional outfield start to keep him frisky.

We would have won the division if Fowler had come. Oh well, maybe we'll win it anyway.

We would have won the division if Fowler had come. Oh well, maybe we'll win it anyway.

I guess I could look this up but Im to lazy. How is Fowler doing this year?

We need 2 pitchers and 2 outfielders. Im one of them thats wants Adam in RF

It was good enough for Mantle. Heck Johnny bench played 3 positions as he aged

and yet he will still finish the season worth around 1.5 wins and be in the conversation among the least valuable 40 homer seasons of all time.

He's basically Chris Carter, and I don't think anyone will be clamoring for the O's to sign Carter to a long term deal this offseason.

I'm positive there will be people doing that for Trumbo.

And yet, that's exactly the kind of thing Duquette would do... QO Trumbo, let him leave and replace him with a cheaper Carter next year.

and yet he will still finish the season worth around 1.5 wins and be in the conversation among the least valuable 40 homer seasons of all time.

In real time, I'll take the two wins he gave us this week. Without them, we'd be struggling to catch up to Toronto in the Wild Card. I get what you're saying in the sterile, clinical statistical world. But like Frobby said, if we reach the postseason, he'll be one of the reasons why.

Archived