vs. RED SOX, 4/13

Sessh

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep.

I'm just happy to be here. Hope I can help the ballclub.

I just want to give it my best shot, and the good Lord willing, things will work out.

Taking one game at a time is not nearly the same as an athlete giving a milk-and-cookies answer to some generic question from a sports reporter.

It (the one game at a time mentality) is obviously important to the players to try to forget about their most recent loss, and not get too anxious about trying too hard to win ...... and in my experience as a fan, it helps me deal with losses emotionally.

o

Gunkel retired the first 11 batters that he faced.

He had 5.67 shutout innings until a 2-run home run broke his scoreless string.

17 OUTS: 5 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts, 3 Lineouts, 1 Popout

J.D. GUNKEL O (vs. AA-Reading, 8/28)

IP:l 5.67

H:;; 4 l(1 Home Run, 1 Triple, 2 Singles)

R:l) 3

ER:)2

BB: 1

SO: 4

Pitches: 90 (62 Strikes, 28 Balls)

2015 ERA: 3.38 l(AA-Bowie)

PITCHES BY INNING

81 (71 Strikes, 1 Balls)

15 (91 Strikes, 6 Balls)

13 (10 Strikes, 3 Balls)

19 (13 Strikes, 6 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

24 (16 Strikes, 8 Balls) *

* Gunkel recorded 2 outs before departing in the 6th inning.

Taking one game at a time is not nearly the same as an athlete giving a milk-and-cookies answer to some generic question from a sports reporter.

It (the one game at a time mentality) is obviously important to the players to try to forget about their most recent loss, and not get too anxious about trying too hard to win ...... and in my experience as a fan, it helps me deal with losses emotionally.

Of course.

Nothing personal. Just reminded me of my favorite quote. I guess folks are still worked up when it's the game thread. You were responding to me being overly and comically happy about our streak and jokingly wishing we'd go on another one. I don't expect one.

I. Agree. With. You.

Of course.

Nothing personal. Just reminded me of my favorite quote. I guess folks are still worked up when it's the game thread. You were responding to me being overly and comically happy about our streak and jokingly wishing we'd go on another one. I don't expect one.

I. Agree. With. You.

I wasn't really that worked up over the loss.

I'm just oversensitive in general ...... but I'm working on it. ;)

I wasn't really that worked up over the loss.

I'm just oversensitive in general ...... but I'm working on it. ;)

Totally understand, buddy. Look up sensitive and in some reference books it's me instead of James Taylor pictured.

42b59e024945f2ab9a14ee0f90b166e7.jpg

Your insights, grasp of the game and humor on this board are highlights for me daily.

Archived