Will Orioles Sign Kyle Lohse?

25 Nuggets

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Two analysts discussed Lohse on Sirius a few weeks ago and while they agreed he is not the same pitcher he was two seasons ago, he is still capable of pitching 6 innings most nights and would help a contender, they concluded, because he simply knows how to pitch.

I know how to run close to a 4min mile, doesn't mean I can physically do it anymore. See what I'm saying here?

I like this. I'm all about options at this point. Assuming the price tag isn't much, you can throw him in the mix against Worley, Wilson, and Wright. None of the options are terrific, but hope one can stick. Also gives a little insurance against injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Roch:

: MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reported that the Orioles made an offer to 37-year-old pitcher Kyle Lohse, who’s represented by Scott Boras.

Lohse was 5-13 with a 5.85 ERA and 1.464 WHIP last year in 37 games (22 starts) with the Brewers that spanned 152 1/3 innings.

The Orioles want to improve their pitching depth and Lohse is searching for a good fit. He hasn’t jumped at the club’s offer and obviously is holding out for something better.

From Roch:

: MLB Network’s Jon Heyman reported that the Orioles made an offer to 37-year-old pitcher Kyle Lohse, who’s represented by Scott Boras.

Lohse was 5-13 with a 5.85 ERA and 1.464 WHIP last year in 37 games (22 starts) with the Brewers that spanned 152 1/3 innings.

The Orioles want to improve their pitching depth and Lohse is searching for a good fit. He hasn’t jumped at the club’s offer and obviously is holding out for something better.

The Tigers are supposedly no longer interested either.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Seeing a rumor on Twitter that the Tigers have interest in Kyle Lohse. That's not at all what I'm hearing.</p>— Chris Iott (@Chris_Iott) <a href="

">April 18, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Though I am pleased with the winning we've seen during his tenure - I had hopes when we hired DD that he would collect high OBP pieces for the Orioles offense. He has not really done so at all - though he's found ways to build a solid offense anyway. Instead of the high OBP guys I dreamed of, DD has instead shown a penchant for burning money, draft picks, and prospects to collect a treasure trove of starting pitchers high unlikely to crack a below 5.00 ERA in the AL East. His ability to assess starting pitching talent is far and away his biggest weakness as a GM in my opinion. Just a dreadful collection of cast offs and never was' brought in at the expense of promising young pitching prospects, draft picks, and financial flexibility.

I dislike to hate every starting pitching related move he's made for about 3 years now - and bringing in Kyle Lohse would be yet another disastrous decision.

Though I am pleased with the winning we've seen during his tenure - I had hopes when we hired DD that he would collect high OBP pieces for the Orioles offense. He has not really done so at all - though he's found ways to build a solid offense anyway. Instead of the high OBP guys I dreamed of, DD has instead shown a penchant for burning money, draft picks, and prospects to collect a treasure trove of starting pitchers high unlikely to crack a below 5.00 ERA in the AL East. His ability to assess starting pitching talent is far and away his biggest weakness as a GM in my opinion. Just a dreadful collection of cast offs and never was' brought in at the expense of promising young pitching prospects, draft picks, and financial flexibility.

I dislike to hate every starting pitching related move he's made for about 3 years now - and bringing in Kyle Lohse would be yet another disastrous decision.

I was OK with Vanimal.

You also have to develop pitchers. For whatever reason the Orioles are not good at that for many years. They develop guys and they seem to hit their ceiling and never seem to take it to the next level. The Orioles have respected pitching coaches and even minor league ones but something always seem to go awry. Some coaches leave for personal reasons or some other things. Before Andy revamped the farm system i could see why. Players were saying they got develop training and advice at every level and no uniformity throughout the system. Also not good training or facilities. It is thought to be better. I heard Dave Johnson on the radio mention Oriole pitchers don't seem to get stretched out as much as other teams stretch out their starters in Spring Training. I have been saying that during the Spring. He thinks Buck's reasoning is to have them be able to make it the whole season fresher.

Archived