Tillman, Gausman, Wright, and Wilson ALL developed by Orioles

accinfo

Who else would start though? At some point you're out of money and don't have much in the farm. Are they starting because "Who else?"' date=' or is their starting indicative of how good they are?[/quote']

Does it really matter? You could also say the O's had money and chose not to spend it on a legitimate starter, instead taking low risk guys who could pitch inthe bullpen if they didn't win a starting role. To me it seemed it seemed like Wright and Wilson played well enough for the O's to want to play they hand they were dealt and see what happens. I like that actually.

Does it really matter? You could also say the O's had money and chose not to spend it on a legitimate starter, instead taking low risk guys who could pitch inthe bullpen if they didn't win a starting role. To me it seemed it seemed like Wright and Wilson played well enough for the O's to want to play they hand they were dealt and see what happens. I like that actually.

I would say it matters a ton in terms of whether it's a good trend or whether the experts are wrong. If the pitchers aren't really legit starters, and have to start because who else would, I'm not sure that is encouraging or the experts are wrong.

I am not particularly impressed with Wright when I see him pitch but:

1. His changeup and slider are impressive at times but inconsistent.

2. He can touch upper 90's with his fastball.

3. His overall AAA numbers compare well with both Gausman and Wilson and his last 18 starts in AAA were better than both Wilson or Gausman over any such stretch.

I agree with all of this. He looked very different from his first two starts. I'm thinking because he was on normal rest and had a better feel for his breaking pitches. Buck just left him in there too long.

The last few days have actually left me slightly optimistic about our starting pitching. Tilly has almost turned into as much of an enigma as Ubaldo, but I can see both of them being solid over the year. Wright and Wilson also showed some stuff and some mettle.... enough to be OK. Can Gausman be above average this year? Some signs of hope I think.

I'm of the belief that the farm system is such a disaster and Duquette did a poor job building the rotation that they were forced to start Wright and Wilson. Not because they deserved it.

They're good enough for this rotation, thats all that matters. They weren't high K guys in the minors or here, but they should be able to pitch 6 innings every time out.

Archived