Pressures on Wright as no one wants to be sent down to make room for Gausman

wildcard

Tyler Wilson starts tomorrow. Mike Wright on Sunday. Gausman comes off the DL on Monday. How Wilson and Wirght pitch could determine who stays and who goes to Norfolk.

McFarland made a statement tonight that he doesn't want to be sent down.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like Gallardo might be going to the DL. Wright and Wilson are probably both in the starting rotation. Worley to the bullpen. McFarland to the minors. No one wants to be sent down. T.J. should be thankful for the time he's gotten in the majors already.

McFarland just pitched the best 5 innings we have seen from any O's pitcher this year and it was against the World Champs. I don't see him being sent down.

Worley has to stay up because he is out of options,

I think Wilson and Wright are pitching over the next two games for the right to stay.

Tillman, Jimenez, Gausman, (MaFarland or Worley) and (Wilson or Wright ) is the rotation going forward IMO.

You send McFarland down today for matures he can pitch for a few days anyway. Then after results come back Monday and both Wilson and wright pitch you make decision. One of them goes down for gausman and if Galardo go s on disable list McFarland comes up. The Norfolk carousel then starts.

McFarland just pitched the best 5 innings we have seen from any O's pitcher this year and it was against the World Champs. I don't see him being sent down.

Worley has to stay up because he is out of options,

I think Wilson and Wright are pitching over the next two games for the right to stay.

Tillman, Jimenez, Gausman, (MaFarland or Worley) and (Wilson or Wright ) is the rotation going forward IMO.

So who goes when they activate Matusz? That's why people are saying it is likely TJM.

I think this is right. You can shuffle Wilson and MacFarland in between Norfolk and Baltimore on paper, neither of them have to leave the city.

Actually, they do have to report as assigned. They just have a bit of time to.

So who goes when they activate Matusz? That's why people are saying it is likely TJM.

Buck sounded in the post game interview like he is ready to DL Gallardo. But bpliktree has a good point. McFarland can be optioned and still brought back if Gallardo is DL'd. McFarland probably get 4 days rest before his next appearance because he went 5 innings last night.

Exactly. Send TJM down today. Send one of wright or Wilson down on Monday for Gausman. Determine if you want that guy or McFarland back and bring them back for a DL'd Gallardo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. Send TJM down today. Send one of wright or Wilson down on Monday for Gausman. Determine if you want that guy or McFarland back and bring them back for a DL'd Gallardo.

Gallardo could be DLed today as well.

Givens could also be a consideration. He's been getting a lot of K's, but hasn't looked quite as sharp as last year. They could send him down to get some more work in and have him ready to go as the next man up when needed.

Givens could also be a consideration. He's been getting a lot of K's, but hasn't looked quite as sharp as last year. They could send him down to get some more work in and have him ready to go as the next man up when needed.

I like Givens, but with Matusz back it may make sense to have longer guys in the pen.

I like Givens, but with Matusz back it may make sense to have longer guys in the pen.

I think Matusz is going to be used both as a situational lefty and as a long man in games where we are down early. Worley will also be a long man and Bundy and Brach can pitch two to three innings if necessary. Plenty of guys that can multiple innings.

I don't see Givens going anywhere. Gallardo to the DL and McFarland to Norfolk.

Archived