Wow, Kim is untouchable

cm1290

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's got a surprisingly fast bat - that was a 97 MPH fastball from Betonces he hit. And he can spoil any type of breaking pitch. When he doesn't use defensive swings, he hits the ball hard. Now, if he can just avoid those weak popups to infielders... I don't see why he can't hit .350 the rest of the way. He might become the toughest guy to SO in the league (Hopefully I didn't jinx him.).

I'm a fan too, but you may want to tempure those expectations. He isn't hitting .350 the rest of the way or for the season. Still, with his ability to walk, he can hit .310 and still manage to get on base 40% of the time. That's incredibly valuable in front of Manny.

I'm a fan too, but you may want to tempure those expectations. He isn't hitting .350 the rest of the way or for the season. Still, with his ability to walk, he can hit .310 and still manage to get on base 40% of the time. That's incredibly valuable in front of Manny.

Exactly. I have been a fan and an advocate from day one but we don't have a budding batting champion on our hands.

Quality at bats and a nice on base percentage.

FWIW, I really liked/like the Kim signing. I didn't like how Duquette played the situation in the press. Nor did I like how Showalter handled it. At all. Especially when your solution is to start some Rule V rookie who had a hot spring. Buck rarely (if ever) gives rookies (let alone Rule V players) so much privilege. Yet it seemed that the Orioles were doing everything in their power to force him out/back to Korea.

Archived