Four Years Ago Today

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was doing a corporate speech in South Dakota.I started the day watching the game there...then flew back through Salt Lake City, then into Los Angeles. When I got home in LA after traveling through 3 states...the game was STILL ON. I caught Davis' double play ball just as I turned on the TV.The damnedest thing I ever saw in baseball...and I've seen a lot of things.

Ranks right up there with Tippy picking 3 runners off first, Sakata catching, Gary R on 2nd and Lowenstein on 3rd. :)

I'll never forget that. I left to go to a birthday cookout party around the 7th inning. I got there and we flipped on the game for the extra innings. The entire party was glued to the TV, even those that don't really like baseball. Simply unforgettable.

I was doing a corporate speech in South Dakota.I started the day watching the game there...then flew back through Salt Lake City, then into Los Angeles. When I got home in LA after traveling through 3 states...the game was STILL ON. I caught Davis' double play ball just as I turned on the TV.The damnedest thing I ever saw in baseball...and I've seen a lot of things.

I started watching at home early afternoon. Went to my parents' for dinner. Listened on the phone outside playing with the kids. Went home after dinner and watched the last 3-4 innings. It was astonishing, right up there with the Lenn Sakata game.

I started watching at home early afternoon. Went to my parents' for dinner. Listened on the phone outside playing with the kids. Went home after dinner and watched the last 3-4 innings. It was astonishing, right up there with the Lenn Sakata game.

Similar-ish story. I was driving home from North Carolina to Silver Spring that day. Started my drive thinking the game on the radio would be a good way to pass most of the drive. Little did I know I'd be able to watch the last several innings on the couch at home!

o

Matt Wieters looked like a little kid who found a $20 bill on the floor at the candy store when he got bowled over by Marlon at home plate in the bottom of the 16th inning, and showed the ball to the umpire while looking at Byrd with a mischievous grin on his face.

tumblr_m3nxnfFWfk1qjm4c3o1_500.jpg

Yes, and after these last few years I still haven't forgotten how bad Wilson Betemit was at 3B.

On the positvie side, I love that Red Sox fan's reaction after we got the runner at the plate. HE's like noo... no... and then bangs on the net with his 2 hands. Still makes me laugh.

This was the game that made my wife an O's fan. I had to leave for work in the 8th, but for some reason she never changed the channel. When I got out, I saw about 20 texts from her describing what went down in extras. It was a perfect game to show just how much fun and exciting baseball can be.

Many of your experiences were like mine. I was at a family renunion for about 7 innings and keeping up on Gameday At Bat. Then I drove about 40 minutes and listened to the Internet radio feed. The last 7 innings I spent listening on my earbuds while at a Durham Bulls game. Luckily, I had it on record on my DVR. When I'm gone, I set the timer to go 3 hours past the scheduled end time in case it goes crazy like this one. Those extra inning games are the ones I'd really hate to miss!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Archived