vs. ATHLETICS, 5/07 DH Gm.2

Sessh

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Mountcastle is feeling it tonight. He's 4-for-4 with an RBI to bring his hitting streak up to six games.</p>— Delmarva Shorebirds (@shorebirds) <a href="

">May 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

They also teach working the count, tagging up and a slew of other things that won't always be retained, or can be lost as you move up.

A player with Rickard's skill set can't have deficiencies in his game if he wants to play.

I can see one early weakness with Kim. He seems to bite on breaking pitches that are below the strike zone. Maybe it's just more break than he's used to seeing, but he sure does bite a lot on those pitches.

I think he can be a 1.5-2.0 win player.

But he isn't there right now.

I think some things he has shown will really come into play, taking pitches, stealing bases and he already has shown some flashes of situational hitting.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Ryan Mountcastle is feeling it tonight. He's 4-for-4 with an RBI to bring his hitting streak up to six games.</p>— Delmarva Shorebirds (@shorebirds) <a href="
">May 8, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

How has is year gone so far? I haven't checked in on him.

A player with Rickard's skill set can't have deficiencies in his game if he wants to play.

Wasn't very clear there, I meant that I'm sure he knows these things, but the speed and pressure of this level can be getting to him. Its a work in progress.

As they always say, baseball is a game of inches, and as far as the missed cut off man in the first game, if that throw were a few inches down it would have been caught. I think there is some fine tuning that needs to be done.

Archived