Machado and Gausman fulfilling potential

wildcard

Two first round draft choices with very high ceilings are showing in the early going of the season that they may be reaching their potential. And their talent could lead to top of the league results.

Manny's struggled in seasons past with his health. It has not allowed him to do his off season workouts, rehabbing instead. This season Manny has arrived in camp bigger and stronger. At 23, (24 in early July) Manny seems ready to be a force offensively and defensively. He may have as much power as Davis. He looks very confident and comfortable. Maturing emotionally. No more bat slinging. He looks like he may have put it all together.

Gausman has been developing a third pitch for years. Always a step away from greatness. Its only been 3 starts but Kevin looks ready to fulfill his potential. Make his starts every 5 days using all his pitches. At 25, he looks ready to be the top of the rotation starter he has been projected to become.

The maturing of these two players is a changing of the guard of sorts. Yes, Adam, Hardy, Tillman Davis and O'Day are still team leaders but the maturing Manny and Kevin may do more then add two more leaders to the team. Their talent may be league leading. The kind that is found on World Series teams.

If their time has come O's fan will be able to stop saying "if only we have a #1" or " if only we had a Miguel Cabrera". We might to watching the O's develop both right before our eyes.

Great perspective. I agree that these are probably the 2 biggest positives out of the season so far. Manny and Gausman are looking legit. The future of the lineup and the rotation become so much stronger with these two performing like this.

I would mention Bundy as well. I can see him becoming a starter sometime this year. But the three of them were supposed to be great and so far, 2 of them are exceeding expectations early on.

Keeping my fingers crossed, but I'd still treat him with kids gloves if I was making the decisions.

Bundy's only thrown 12 innings, so far, and projects to about 60 at this rate. They may increase his work load as the season progresses, but we've yet to see that. I think they need to get him up to around 90 innings this year if we hope to see him get a decent number of starts next season.

Bundy's only thrown 12 innings, so far, and projects to about 60 at this rate. They may increase his work load as the season progresses, but we've yet to see that. I think they need to get him up to around 90 innings this year if we hope to see him get a decent number of starts next season.

Coming off TJ, not sure the organization is going to get him to 90 innings this season.

Coming off TJ, not sure the organization is going to get him to 90 innings this season.

He had TJ pusing 3 years ago.

If he can't go 90 this year, he won't be starting next year either. At least not for the first half.

The Gasman's WHIP so far this season, 0.684 :eek:, Arriewho?

I think the only way we'd ever be saying "Arriewho" would be if we still had Feldman and he had a 0.684 WHIP. I don't think people are ready to get over that We could have THIS Gausmann and Arrieta

Archived