Trade Chips-At the Deadlline

Bahama O's Fan

IF the Orioles want a front end starter (don't even know who would be available) guys like Lee, Hess, Sisco, Mancini, and Reyes will have to be in the conversation. At least 2 or 3 of them. Look at what Toronto gave up for Price as a barometer and their system had more highly regarded top end prospects.

This is what I'm trying to say in the pitching Achilles heel thread to some degree. For or against the mid season trades that DD has made in the past, the pieces sent in those trades weren't close to what it would take to get a TOR guy.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hit his 4th homer today. He's a chip whose value is increasing daily.

Nice. Looking at his stats, until this season, he had 63 SO's vs 25 walks. This season, he's got 10 SO's vs 16 walks - tremendous. Granted, his entire pro career is just 144 games, but to see his offensive improvement this year at 20 years old in high A ball is exciting.

IF the Orioles want a front end starter (don't even know who would be available) guys like Lee, Hess, Sisco, Mancini, and Reyes will have to be in the conversation. At least 2 or 3 of them. Look at what Toronto gave up for Price as a barometer and their system had more highly regarded top end prospects.

Not TREY!!! He is a beast. He is channeling Babe Ruth now.

Babe Boomer

Trey Mancini, a 24-year-old first base prospect, did provide a unique highlight before he hit a solo homer in the seventh inning.

Like Ruth allegedly once did, he called his shot.

As Mancini waited to go on deck, Johnson and left fielder Christian Walker were discussing Walker?s three-run shot in the fifth, which gave him seven for the season.

"Somebody here has nine home runs," Johnson said within earshot of Mancini.

"About to be 10 right here," Mancini replied, and he sent a 2-2 fastball from left-hander Matt Purke the other way, high over the wall in right center field.

So he didn't point to center field with his bat; he technically called it.

"It was just more of a joke than anything that I said it," said Mancini, who hit seven homers at Double-A Bowie before joining the Tides on April 25. "I wasn't thinking about it when I was at the plate or anything.?

Still, it made a mark on his manager.

"Yeah, that was pretty impressive," Johnson said. "I enjoyed that."

http://pilotonline.com/sports/baseball/norfolk-tides/mancini-calls-his-shot-but-tides-lose-sixth-straight/article_d4aac370-3c50-5edf-adb1-dfaa0e46e26b.html

He's been in our system for four years. He has pitched 13 major league innings (to a killer 0.83 K/BB rate at that) and hasn't thrown more than 50 innings at all levels combined in any year since 2012. Having confidence he will be in the rotation next year seems foolhardy.

What he said. We are pulling for him to be healthy, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Hit his 4th homer today. He's a chip whose value is increasing daily.

Heim is killing. I didn't even touch on our hitting prospects. I'm not polly positive when it comes to the farm but I think we're nowhere near the bottom of baseball like everybody had us.

We're like two months early on this thread. But Rich Hill would look real nice right now. Heck, I'd take him just until the deadline at this point.

We're like two months early on this thread. But Rich Hill would look real nice right now. Heck, I'd take him just until the deadline at this point.

Interesting. Problem with Hill is - Ya never know what you're getting with him - with his health and the consistency of his curveball.

Interesting. Problem with Hill is - Ya never know what you're getting with him - with his health and the consistency of his curveball.

That's why if we're going to get him, you try and get him now before he hits his previous years IP. Maybe he only lasts a few months. The A's offense is pretty crappy. We have some spare parts in Paredes, Alvarez, Urrutia that could help(lol). D.Alvarez, Drake and Bridwell probably wouldn't get laughed at too hard.

If teams start to fall out right away, the trades may start early.

Second wild card kind of ruined that. Anyways, I know there was talk about extending the trade deadline like 2 weeks last year, did they end up getting approved where it's officially a rule now?

Archived