Orioles Team Chemistry

Il BuonO

Bah....the Yankees with Reggie won and there was always clubhouse tension. Earl and JP were contentious for most of their time as manager and player.

I do think Buck created a better culture when he came on board, but it was centered around winning.

Don?t get me wrong ? none of us actually know anything about team chemistry, for sure. I don?t think there?s even an agreed-upon definition. But we do get to observe how players interact, some of the time, and we get to read about more. So I think fans can get a certain sense of how the roster fits together. Whether there?s adequate leadership, whether there?s adequate support, whether there?s adequate interaction between all groups. What idea do you have about your favorite baseball team?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/how-good-is-your-teams-chemistry/

Bah....the Yankees with Reggie won and there was always clubhouse tension. Earl and JP were contentious for most of their time as manager and player.

I do think Buck created a better culture when he came on board, but it was centered around winning.

Don?t get me wrong ? none of us actually know anything about team chemistry, for sure. I don?t think there?s even an agreed-upon definition. But we do get to observe how players interact, some of the time, and we get to read about more. So I think fans can get a certain sense of how the roster fits together. Whether there?s adequate leadership, whether there?s adequate support, whether there?s adequate interaction between all groups. What idea do you have about your favorite baseball team?

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/how-good-is-your-teams-chemistry/

I haven't read about any tension with the players. I think that if any of the younger players get off track a bit then AJ or I guess Hardy would go to them and tell

them what they are doing wrong. I see AJ as a team leader and maybe Hardy.

IMO.

A good example of poor team chemistry might be TOR after their brawl. Not picking each other up. Or The Gnats of the past few years as opposed to this year under Dusty, who is known for being a players manager.

I haven't read about any tension with the players. I think that if any of the younger players get off track a bit then AJ or I guess Hardy would go to them and tell

them what they are doing wrong. I see AJ as a team leader and maybe Hardy.

IMO.

The Orioles have a good team chemistry because Buck took the reins and changed the culture. Adam bought in early on because he believed in Buck. Hardy, Wieters and O'Day are all part of the leadership.

The FG piece highlights the point that chemistry is impossible to quantify.

Archived