Orioles Promote Tolliver

wildcard

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I predict Tolliver won't be here super long before he is optioned for a bat, a long man, etc. Thats his value. Optionable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that's the extra value in the Matusz trade. Now we can really get the Norfolk shuttle in full swing. We have flexibility now. We didn't have that with Bundy, Kim and Matusz all on the same team.

Tolliver is getting lefties out at a good pace. ERA of 1.00. He has improved his WHIP over last year and is the best the O's have on the farm in getting lefties out. Olmos, Phillips and Miranda don't do as well versus lefties. Hart is coming on fast but doesn't have the time at AA that Tolivers has.

Dan and Buck will give Tolliver an opportunity. I would not be surprised if he succeeds. But rookies are unpredictable, so he could be optioned back at some point. He will not be released. No need to do that.

Tolliver is getting lefties out at a good pace. ERA of 1.00. He has improved his WHIP over last year and it the best the O's have of the farm in getting lefties out. Olmos, Phillips and Miranda don't do as well versus lefties. Hart is coming on fast but doesn't have the time at AA that Tolivers has.

Dan and Buck will give Tolliver an opportunity. I would not be surprised if he succeeds. But rookies are unpredictable, so he could be optioned back at some point. He will not be released. No need to do that.

He's a 28 year old Rookie, I doubt he is on the 40-man for very long unless he is dominant.

He's a 28 year old Rookie, I doubt he is on the 40-man for very long unless he is dominant.

Tolliver's development was interrupted by shoulder surgery. He has recovered now and is pitching well. The O's have already proven that they care more about ability than age. Joseph is an example. Kim is also a 28 year old rookie. Didn't stop them from signing him.

I don't know how Tolliver will do but I don't think age is much of a factor.

Tolliver is getting lefties out at a good pace. ERA of 1.00. He has improved his WHIP over last year and it the best the O's have of the farm in getting lefties out. Olmos, Phillips and Miranda don't do as well versus lefties. Hart is coming on fast but doesn't have the time at AA that Tolivers has.

I think Tolliver has a short leash.

Why do you think he was taken over Oliver, Drake or Olmos (well, Olmos has been better recently but he was bad when we first got him).

Tolliver will be only the Orioles second draftee from the 2009 draft (after Mychal Givens) to reach the Majors. So that's something.

Note: the Orioles drafted two HS players that didn't sign with the Orioles and were later drafted out of college and have since reached the Majors.

Tolliver has a decent chance to become the Orioles second most productive draftee from the 2009 draft (after Mychal Givens). So that's something.

Joe Jordan...sigh...You wonder if Givens could have been a starter if we drafted him as a P like everyone else had him as.

I think that's the extra value in the Matusz trade. Now we can really get the Norfolk shuttle in full swing. We have flexibility now. We didn't have that with Bundy, Kim and Matusz all on the same team.

I haven't heard anyone making the case for keeping Matusz.

Just some of us would have preferred a DFA to a sale.

Joe Jordan...sigh...You wonder if Givens could have been a starter if we drafted him as a P like everyone else had him as.

I haven't looked for scouting reports from the time, but my recollection is that most scouts thought that Givens could only be a reliever, which is why we drafted him as a SS in the first place.

I haven't looked for scouting reports from the time, but my recollection is that most scouts thought that Givens could only be a reliever, which is why we drafted him as a SS in the first place.

This.

I don't recall anyone calling him a potential starter.

It was pen or infielder.

Archived