Mets looking for 1B

pastorfan

Christian Walker! A first baseman without a home.

I'd move Alvarez in a heartbeat if the Mets want to part with a prospect for him.

I'd move Trumbo if the price was right. Sell high! Chances are we already got the bulk of his production this year ;)

This x 1000

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't trade a core member of a competing team that is a major part of the offense when you are competing to make the playoffs. Just ask Billy Beane. Theoretically, it makes sense, but in reality, it would probably really piss of the team and the fan base.

You wouldn't trade Trumbo to replace Jimenez with a big upgrade? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

It would have to be quite a return to move Trumbo obviously, he isn't my first choice to trade. But in the right context I'd move him. He is basically a defensive liability on a hot streak at the plate. Given his history, its likely Trumbo's bat returns to normal soon.

You wouldn't trade Trumbo to replace Jimenez with a big upgrade? I'd do that in a heartbeat.

It would have to be quite a return to move Trumbo obviously, he isn't my first choice to trade. But in the right context I'd move him. He is basically a defensive liability on a hot streak at the plate. Given his history, its likely Trumbo's bat returns to normal soon.

It would have to be a heck of a return. I'm not saying 100% I wouldn't do it, but, more than likely, all you're going to get is a decent unproven prospect for him at this point.

That's a trade the 2011 Orioles make, not the 2016 Orioles.

It would have to be a heck of a return. I'm not saying 100% I wouldn't do it, but, more than likely, all you're going to get is a decent unproven prospect for him at this point.

That's a trade the 2011 Orioles make, not the 2016 Orioles.

Not for a prospect, whats the point in that? I'd take a prospect for Alvarez, he is replaceable.

I would need a legitimate affordable upgrade to the rotation to move Trumbo. Its unlikely another team would give up enough, but when two teams are trading from a strength things can happen.

Trade Trumbo. I have heard it all now.

We wouldn't' be doing that, but selling high isn't a bad idea.

Everyone willing to dump Alvarez so quickly isn't giving him enough credit. He will heat up, watch. Just my take.

We wouldn't' be doing that, but selling high isn't a bad idea.

Everyone willing to dump Alvarez so quickly isn't giving him enough credit. He will heat up, watch. Just my take.

Alvarez and Trumbo are redundant. I'm not saying we have to get rid of one, but IF you can trade an extra piece for something you need more, you gotta look real hard at doing it.

Alvarez and Trumbo are redundant. I'm not saying we have to get rid of one, but IF you can trade an extra piece for something you need more, you gotta look real hard at doing it.

I agree. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Alvarez but I wouldn't trade him for a salary dump because when he gets hot, everyone will love him. No way the O's trade Trumbo, wouldn't even been a possibility. Walker and Macini possibly.

I agree. I wouldn't be opposed to trading Alvarez but I wouldn't trade him for a salary dump because when he gets hot, everyone will love him. No way the O's trade Trumbo, wouldn't even been a possibility. Walker and Macini possibly.

I agree with you. It'd be selling high on Trumbo. Trumbo for Harvey would be a situation where you consider trading him. That's just crazy talk though.

Selling low on Alvarez as a salary dump is pointless. I think he's going to get hot soon. The warmer weather is going to definitely favor our HR oriented offense.

There is no fit for Trumbo to the Mets, IMO. The Mets won't trade a pitcher we would want enough to trade Trumbo for, and we aren't going to give up Trumbo for a pitcher the Mets would trade for him. That seems pretty obvious to me. Not sure if Alvarez is a fit, either, but it seems more likely to me than Trumbo. Really, I tend to doubt that either is very likely.

Not sure the Mets would be interested in Alvarez, but maybe we can make some sort of deal with them. I'd be willing to send them Trumbo, if we can get some pitching back, but it will take more than Trumbo to get a good starter.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/05/mets-expect-to-look-outside-organization-to-replace-lucas-duda.html

I'd keep Trumbo.

Since all Trumbo was worth in trade a couple of months ago was a back-up catcher I don't think Trumbo is going to get you his worth back.

Archived