What teams would you rather be right now?

Frobby

Simple question -- if you could trade out entire roster and entire minor league system for some other team's, which teams would you rather be right now, if your goal was to win a World Series some time in the next five years?

List all the teams you would rather be than the Orioles, not just the one or two who you think have the best chance. For example, would you rather be the Brewers, who have a mediocre team now but have built a very good farm system?

Also, leave money out of it. I.e., don't say you'd rather be the Yankees because they can spend $100 mm more than the Orioles. if you think the Yankees' roster and MiL system warrants it, then fine.

For me, I'd rather be the Cubs, Red Sox, Giants, Nationals, Royals, Rangers, Pirates or Cardinals. There are a few other teams I might consider if I studied their organizations a bit harder, like the Jays, Mets, Mariners, Astros and Dodgers. I don't think I'd trade places with any of the others, though if I removed the stipulation about money, I'd probably have to include the Yankees, who will probably find a way to spend themselves back into serious contention at some point in the next five years.

I would definitely be the Astros and Dodgers along with the Cubs, Sox, Giants, Nationals, and Cardinals. Not sure about the Royals or Pirates.

Astros have the best core of young players in the game in my opinion with a very well rounded roster of pitchers (starters and bullpen) and position players (Springer, Correa), plus another top prospect masher AJ Reed on the horizon.

Dodgers have an elite young SS to go with a good core of veterans including a multiple Cy Young winner and promising (if underachieving) young position players. Plus they have the cash to fill any holes that come up.

For me, I'd rather be the Cubs, Red Sox, Giants, Nationals, Royals, Rangers, Pirates or Cardinals. There are a few other teams I might consider if I studied their organizations a bit harder, like the Jays, Mets, Mariners, Astros and Dodgers. I don't think I'd trade places with any of the others, though if I removed the stipulation about money, I'd probably have to include the Yankees, who will probably find a way to spend themselves back into serious contention at some point in the next five years.

That's fair to say - I'd have to say yes to the Mets, Astros and Dodgers and maybe no to the Royals - but it paints a picture that the Orioles are middle-of-the-pack in their outlook, probably a bit better than average, and that's consistent with what we're seeing now. Good debate topic.

Simple question -- if you could trade out entire roster and entire minor league system for some other team's, which teams would you rather be right now, if your goal was to win a World Series some time in the next five years?

List all the teams you would rather be than the Orioles, not just the one or two who you think have the best chance. For example, would you rather be the Brewers, who have a mediocre team now but have built a very good farm system?

Also, leave money out of it. I.e., don't say you'd rather be the Yankees because they can spend $100 mm more than the Orioles. if you think the Yankees' roster and MiL system warrants it, then fine.

Would the baseball execs come with the players?

Would the baseball execs come with the players?

Would the money to pay the existing players come along, or would the contracts need to be shed to Orioles currently high water levers for now and the future?

Would the money to pay the existing players come along, or would the contracts need to be shed to Orioles currently high water levers for now and the future?

Great question.

The reason I asked mine was because you can have very good talent, but I'm not sure that we have the resources to get the most of the talent we have.

Great question.

The reason I asked mine was because you can have very good talent, but I'm not sure that we have the resources to get the most of the talent we have.

I didn't want to be the Mets because of their organization/ownership. Ditto LAD,TOR, DET, MIL, CIN.

I would pick the St Louis Cards. Although I feel like a turncoat

not sticking with the O's.

I didn't want to be the Mets because of their organization/ownership. Ditto LAD,TOR, DET, MIL, CIN.
I would pick the St Louis Cards. Although I feel like a turncoat

not sticking with the O's.

I think it's just a roster swap - owner and front office are the same.

I wouldn't want a team's like the Brewers because with a 5-year window they'd be getting an awful late start.

I think it's just a roster swap - owner and front office are the same.

I wouldn't want a team's like the Brewers because with a 5-year window they'd be getting an awful late start.

Oh well, if I have to keep this owner why bother.

I would much rather be the Mets or Dodgers right now. The Mets have the best young starting pitching in baseball and the Dodgers have Kershaw, a very good farm system, unlimited funds to work with and Andrew Friedman in charge of baseball operations. They're both in much better shape than the Orioles.

Archived