Would you be willing to trade Schoop and Givens for a good starting pitcher?

Frobby

I think the Orioles should trade for MORE relievers. Keep an arsenal in Norfolk. Sept 1 bring them all up and only use your starters a few innings per game.

Unless Tillman or Gausman is blowing everybody away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better yet, do it now.

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/148379-Crazy-Idea-All-Relievers

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

ESPN's Scott Lauber reflects on the Red Sox' decision not to trade Xander Bogaerts for Cliff Lee back in 2013.

As is the case in football in which sometimes the best passes that a quarterback makes are the ones that he doesn't throw, sometimes the best trades that a MLB GM makes are the ones that he doesn't.

Why Emergence of Xander Bogaerts Should Give the Red Sox Reason to Pause on Trades

(By Scott Lauber)

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/red-sox/post/_/id/49554/why-emergence-of-xander-bogaerts-should-give-red-sox-pause-about-trading-top-prospects

Current worth is meaningless when talking about trading Schoop. Givens too, to a lesser extent. They both have high, cost controlled upsides. You need to get much more than their current value if you trade them. The problem is the other team will pooh pooh their value and talk current value. I can't see getting anything that will help the O's.
Clearly you don't understand the point. The current combined value is comparable to that of Scherzer, Gio, or Tillman, among others. Obviously all will be worth more at the end of the season. Are you saying that Schoop and Givens will have more value going forward than these SP?

• 1 month later...
Anyone still interested in trading Schoop?

He's not going anywhere. Only cost controlled position player we really have right now.......unless you count Manny, but his salary is about to blow up in arbitration.

I would still include Givens in a deal.

Archived