Updates on Hunter Harvey

Norfolk orioles

o

Pitched a couple of days earlier than originally planned (once a week, on Wednesdays) because this is the last game of the season for the Regular-A Shorebirds.

He has a phenomenal WHIP and Opponents Batting Average since his promotion to Regular-A Delmarva from Advanced-Rookie League Aberdeen.

9 OUTS: ) 5 Strikeouts, 2 Flyouts, 1 Groundout, 1 Popout

HUNTER LUKE HARVEY )))))) (vs. Regular-A West Virginia, 9/04)

IP:lll 3

H:lllll 3 )) (1 Double, 2 Singles)

R:lllll 2

BB:lll) *

SO:llll5

Pitches: )l 53 )(38 )Strikes, )15 )Balls)

2017 ERA: )l 2.08 )l(Regular-A Delmarva)

2017 WHIP: )l 0.807 )l(Regular-A Delmarva) )  8.67 IP  (7 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: )l .138 )l(Regular-A Delmarva)  (4 for 29)

* ) Harvey also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

15 ll(12 llStrikes, ll3 llBalls)

15 ll(10 llStrikes, ll5 llBalls)

23 ll(16 llStrikes, ll7 lllBalls)

o

2 hours ago, Three Run Homer said:

2 runs in 3 IP ???  There goes the legend of Hunter Harvey, starting to unravel. We should have traded him last week when we had the chance. )  ;)

o

His ERA for the season subsequently ballooned to up to 0.96.

I don't know why they keeping running this guy out there with the pipe dream that he'll eventually reach the expectations that they had of him when he was drafted back in 2013. It's 4-PLUS years later, and he is still pitching at the Regular-A level in Delmarva.

Time to cut their losses, and move on already.

o

Just now, Roy Firestone said:

Im just repeating what one Oriole insider told me this week and its someone who knows and its not Palmer. They said Harvey could be pitching for the Orioles by June next year....if he gets enough innings at Bowie...

That seems crazy aggressive for a guy who's never pitched above Delmarva, but considering how weak our staff is, I believe that might be realistic.  

41 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

It's a different time of course, and even Palmer was pitching for the Orioles at age 19, but my favorite story was Bob Feller's debut.

He struck out 9 batters in a row ......

He was ...... wait for it ......17 years-old.

o

My favorite story is Joe Nuxhall, who was 15 years-old when he debuted for the Reds in 1944.

Image result for Joe Nuxhall Bill McKechnie 15 years old

o

40 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Its a different time of course, and even Palmer was pitching for the Orioles at age 19, but my favorite story was Bob Feller's debut.

He struck out 9 in a row...

He was....wait for it.....17 years old.

Only 9 K's in a row? You mean he couldn't even reach double digits? I'd have sent him packing to the  minors!

2 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Im just repeating what one Oriole insider told me this week and its someone who knows and its not Palmer. They said Harvey could be pitching for the Orioles by June next year....if he gets enough innings at Bowie...

I buy it. That would give him ST and 10 starts in Bowie. There's only so many bullets in an arm. Best to fire them at the MLB level. 

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Its a different time of course, and even Palmer was pitching for the Orioles at age 19, but my favorite story was Bob Feller's debut.

He struck out 9 in a row...

He was....wait for it.....17 years old.

Not a true story, Roy.    Bob Feller's debut was a relief appearance of one inning, and his first six appearances were all relief outings of 1-2 innings.   He never struck out more than two batters in any of them.   

Feller's first start was in his seventh appearance.    It was a great outing, in which he allowed one run and six hits, striking out 15 in a complete game win.    But he never struck out 9 in a row in that game or anything close; the most consecutive strikeouts he had was four.   Here's the play-by-play from that game: https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CLE/CLE193608230.shtml

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...

o

(FEBRUARY 26th, 2017)

Harvey will be starting tomorrow afternoon's Spring Training game against the D-Rays.

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups/2018-02-27

This is an article from January 9th:

Hunter Harvey: Looking Stronger

(RotoWire Staff)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-hunter-harvey-looking-stronger/

o

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(FEBRUARY 26th, 2017)

Harvey will be starting tomorrow afternoon's Spring Training game against the D-Rays.

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups/2018-02-27

This is an article from January 9th:

Hunter Harvey: Looking Stronger

(RotoWire Staff)

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/orioles-hunter-harvey-looking-stronger/

o

Great stuff, I am a huge Hunter Harvey fan.