2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

Miley has been a starter for quite some time, why would a team looking for an SP trade for a guy who hasn't started? If they want a LOOGY then maybe but I'm still skeptical.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wade Miley's last 3 starts, all quality, including last time out 7 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1BB, 9 K. Overall resume, meh. <a href="https://t.co/QvSt14MH4J">https://t.co/QvSt14MH4J</a></p>— Pete Gilbert (@WBALPete) <a href="

">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay tough guy. Because I don't know what Tampa is asking for, I am supposed to give an answer? It's an impossible question to answer.

Your little club here is just upset because I am tired of your BS.

How can you complain (constantly) about what DD does when you won't offer an opinion of your own.

BTW, nobody is gamging up on you because you're critical. But, if you can't offer your own solutions, expect to have your BS called.

Okay tough guy. Because I don't know what Tampa is asking for, I am supposed to give an answer? It's an impossible question to answer.

Your little club here is just upset because I am tired of your BS.

No, obviously we don't know which specific players they want. But we can and do see the trades that are taking place and have a rough understanding of the value of the respective packages. Just because I don't know if the guy is selling his Toyota for 7,000 or 8,000 doesn't mean I don't know that 50,000 is a ridiculous price. People aren't asking you to give the exact package it would take to bring back Ramirez and Pearce; they're asking you to get in the ballpark of value, which you have not. And by not doing that, it makes your criticisms of DD seem thin and ignorant. And I don't say that as a DD fanboy. I have been very critical of a number of DD's deals, including the Parra/Davies and Miller/EdRod.

As for the "little club" comment, I don't actually know what you're referring to.

How can you complain (constantly) about what DD does when you won't offer an opinion of your own.

BTW, nobody is gamging up on you because you're critical. But, if you can't offer your own solutions, expect to have your BS called.

Thanks for being respectful.

Because I honestly don't know what the cost is for them. If it's insane, you pass. But those two would be much less than other SP options, that much I know.

Would I give up more than Gunkel+? Sure, just depends.

Thanks for being respectful.

Because I honestly don't know what the cost is for them. If it's insane, you pass. But those two would be much less than other SP options, that much I know.

Would I give up more than Gunkel+? Sure, just depends.

Mancini and Scott. Do you do that?

No, obviously we don't know which specific players they want. But we can and do see the trades that are taking place and have a rough understanding of the value of the respective packages. Just because I don't know if the guy is selling his Toyota for 7,000 or 8,000 doesn't mean I don't know that 50,000 is a ridiculous price. People aren't asking you to give the exact package it would take to bring back Ramirez and Pearce; they're asking you to get in the ballpark of value, which you have not. And by not doing that, it makes your criticisms of DD seem thin and ignorant. And I don't say that as a DD fanboy. I have been very critical of a number of DD's deals. I have been one of the most critical posters regarding the Parra/Davies and Miller/EdRod deals.

As for the "little club" comment, I don't actually know what you're referring to.

Then here's a rule of thumb. If you are talking to people on a board, realize they are people. Be respectful. I am very sorry my calling out DD bothers you. With all the terrible tragedies in the world currently, I know that must be a top the list, rolls eyes.

I think DD is a B- GM, not awful. But on here, most (until recently with the failures of Gallardo & Ubaldo) most thought he was terrific. This board resembles lemmings. They look to others to justify their opinions, not I. Similar to how people gang up on posters (I won't mention names).

Let's agree to disagree and move on. Not even sure what we disagree on.

Then here's a rule of thumb. If you are talking to people on a board, realize they are people. Be respectful. I am very sorry my calling out DD bothers you. With all the terrible tragedies in the world currently, I know that must be a top the list, rolls eyes.

I think DD is a B- GM, not awful. But on here, most (until recently with the failures of Gallardo & Ubaldo) most thought he was terrific. This board resembles lemmings. They look to others to justify their opinions, not I. Similar to how people gang up on posters (I won't mention names).

I'd probably put DD around B- as well. Solid, but unspectacular. I'm glad, but not thrilled, that he's our GM; mostly because there's a lot of garbage out there.

What we disagreed on had nothing to do with DD's strengths or weaknesses. You stated a (strong) opinion and did not back it up. I was asking you to step up your game.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wade Miley's last 3 starts, all quality, including last time out 7 IP, 1 H, 1 ER, 1BB, 9 K. Overall resume, meh. <a href="https://t.co/QvSt14MH4J">https://t.co/QvSt14MH4J</a></p>? Pete Gilbert (@WBALPete) <a href="
">July 31, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah I get the whole Miley is he good or meh conversation. I just thought the olney tweet was pretty dumb.

GMs aren't like "Matusz in his ONLY start went 6 ip, 2r...let's trade for him!"

So, because 9/11, people shouldn't ask you to back up your strong opinions?

Archived