2016 Trade Deadline Thread (Done)

Rene88

I think those teams that are making the trades don't want to give up aksing price for rentals. Usually as it gets closer to deadline the aksing price drops if they know they are going to loose the guy next season anyway. Hellickson is an example his price tag is still way up there from some reports so a team is not going to overpay. They either drop their demands or they loose getting nothing for him. Though the could give a qualifying offer that is a big gamble for him at 16 million a year.

I don't see the Phillies making a qualifying offer on Hellickson if the QO system even still exists.

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Frederick. I thought it was overkill to send him there instead of Bowie or norfolk

Oh, come on. It wasn't a true demotion, it was a temporary roster manipulation. Norfolk was too far to send him and Bowie was on the road. This way, he could sleep at home with his family and didn't have to ride a minor league bus.

I should add that the manager will then just pinch hit with his lefties, so I'm not sure this theory really holds...

Not if they are difference makers. No sir or ma'am. Not at all. I am not always right. I am right on this.

Oh, come on. It wasn't a true demotion, it was a temporary roster manipulation. Norfolk was too far to send him and Bowie was on the road. This way, he could sleep at home with his family and didn't have to ride a minor league bus.

Of course we all knew this. All of us. So did Chen. Boras made him care because it brought attention to the fact that Toronto and Detroit pummel him.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oakland will be receiving a number of prospects from the Dodgers for Rich Hill and Josh Reddick. Jharel Cotton is not the deal's headliner.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">August 1, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oakland will be receiving a number of prospects from the Dodgers for Rich Hill and Josh Reddick. Jharel Cotton is not the deal's headliner.</p>? Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

Must be highlighted by Holmes.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Oakland will be receiving a number of prospects from the Dodgers for Rich Hill and Josh Reddick. Jharel Cotton is not the deal's headliner.</p>? Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

I wonder who Oakland gets for Hill and Reddick then?

Archived