How about Jon Niese

webbrick2010

So we'd be getting a bad pitcher to replace an awful pitcher? Atleast he's a LH pitcher. About the only positive imo.

Well the other thing that would concern me is he has pitched in the NL ONLY. Now I know some have mentioned the difference before but let me just throw out some quick numbers. Thus far in 2016 all MLB pitchers have hit a total of 14 hrs and of the 9 that have more than 40 ab 2 have BA above .199. Conversely the DH position (the 16 listed by MLB stats) have produced 210 hrs and only 2 of the 16 have hit below .199. So as a NL pitcher not having to face that type of production has to enhance your stats.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tbh if it came down to it, i'd rather get jon niese than cashner. First, he is a lefty and is breathing. Also, his ERA away from pnc park is 4.45 which is servicable. Lastly, he shouldn't cost much as the pirates would likely prefer to give their young guys a shot. And lets not forget that we could have him for up to two more years if he performs well. if he doesn't, he becomes a FA.

Archived