Buck's post game comment

accinfo

I have no idea why people are blaming Wallace. He's a very good pitching coach. The fact is, our group of starters simply isn't very talented.

Also... why is Buck so reluctant to throw Worley out there as a starter? He's got to be an upgrade over the other three bums, Wright, Wilson and Ulbaldo.

I am not ready to throw Wilson out with the other two since it is thought by Buck and Staff that he is progressing through what could be determined a "Dead Arm" period. Wright and Jimenez have a problem from the shoulders up.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/07/wright-on-return-showalter-on-pitching-and-trade-deadline.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am not ready to throw Wilson out with the other two since it is thought by Buck and Staff that he is progressing through what could be determined a "Dead Arm" period. Wright and Jimenez have a problem from the shoulders up.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/07/wright-on-return-showalter-on-pitching-and-trade-deadline.html

I've said before, I like Tyler! He has a head on his shoulders. You put Wilson's head on Wright's body you have a Cy Young contender.

Nothing against him personally. Just don't see any development in Wilson, Wright or Gausman. Bundy has largely pitched in low leverage situations. He looked good in LA but also needed 51 pitches to get 7 outs. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I stated my case. That's it for me.

You name three pitchers without any development yet the Orioles have 22 of them on the Forty man roster and another 80 or so in the Minors. You can actually state that because of three players you think a coach should lose his job. Quite near-sighted by you if you want my opinion.

Under the same tent of pitching I guess Bundy, Brach, Tillman, Britton, Givens, DesPaigne, Worley, and O,day would be performing better without Wallace.

Ramon Martinez reworked Ubaldo's wind up and he put up 2.5 WAR last year. Then in 2015-16 offseason Ubaldo decided to free lance. The offseason we first signed him he admittedly didn't work out. I see a pattern.

He's not a winner. He's not a nugget. He obviously doesn't want to go to AAA. Release him so I can him have to go to AAA this year with another team. Or he'll probably just count his millions and wait for a ST invite next year.

Has anyone asked Ubaldo if he is willing to go to AAA Norfolk? He might be relieved to go there; he won't have to hear all that booing while he reworks his mechanics.

I saw an article about him. It used videos to show the difference between Ubaldo in Colorado when he threw a no-hitter and Ubaldo now in Baltimore. Back a few years ago, when he completes his windup and actually launches the pitch, he arm goes back in order to sort of sling the ball to the plate. However, at the very end of this motion, his arm tightens up, which gives the ball its velocity and direction. The video from Baltimore shows a similar motion. However, when he actually launches the ball, his arm doesn't have the force to give the ball its velocity and direction. So when he slings the ball in, who knows where it will end up. This is because he is 30+ years old, has pitched a lot of innings and he no longer has the arm strength, so his velocity has dropped. Ubaldo needs a lot of work and coaching to adjust to this loss of arm strength and velocity. Basically, he needs to earn how to pitch all over again. And the only place to do that is at AAA with a lot of coaching. Or else being used in bullpen mop-up chores while Wallace/Chiti/R Martinez work with him on the side. I would hope that the fans will support him in these efforts rather than booing him each time he pitches. I'm sure that the Norfolk fans will be delighted to have him and will greet him accordingly.

Thank you for the info.

Nothing against him personally. Just don't see any development in Wilson, Wright or Gausman. Bundy has largely pitched in low leverage situations. He looked good in LA but also needed 51 pitches to get 7 outs. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I stated my case. That's it for me.

That's okay. You do have a right to your opinion.

Archived