Mancini. Cisco, Trumbo, Alvarez and Wieters

Bahama O's Fan

Not for a DH. There are plenty of cheaper options who will do as well as Trumbo's career average, probably better. And I would wait until the second half is over before I anoint Trumbo the second coming of Cruz.

No such player exist. You want to replace an all star player when there is no all star player available to replace They are cheaper for a reason. And its not like Trumbo doesnt have a track record. He is a power hitter all his career.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have bad lineup in it the numbers will change. Park factors are a function of the ballpark's characteristics and a the players abilities to take advantage of those advantages. If the grass is high in the infield. But there is no good bunt skills on the roster then it's a waste. I am not taking advantage of home field.

So do you think OPACY has a low park factor this year because our offense is bad or not suited to the ballpark?

No such player exist. You want to replace an all star player when there is no all star player available to replace They are cheaper for a reason. And its not like Trumbo doesnt have a track record. He is a power hitter all his career.
Indeed he does: .255 .305 .473 .778. You don't seem to understand that the year Trumbo is having is not what you can expect in the years going forward. In fact you can't expect it to continue the rest of this season. also you don't want to play him in RF or pay him 14-15M to DH

So do you think OPACY has a low park factor this year because our offense is bad or not suited to the ballpark?

Obviously you have to wait until the end of the season to truly evaluate. And it's not just a function of the home team but the teams that visit too.

Indeed he does: .255 .305 .473 .778. You don't seem to understand that the year Trumbo is having is not what you can expect in the years going forward. In fact you can't expect it to continue the rest of this season. also you don't want to play him in RF or pay him 14-15M to DH

Just like I can't predict the future. You can 't either. We are judging him on this year because that's all the time his current contract permits. It's a judgement call. I'd rather take a chance on an major allstar who is 30 and maybe hitting his prime than someone else at this juncture. Just like I'd rather do business with Donald Trump vs. you because he has a better track record right now.

Just like I can't predict the future. You can 't either. We are judging him on this year because that's all the time his current contract permits. It's a judgement call. I'd rather take a chance on an major allstar who is 30 and maybe hitting his prime than someone else at this juncture. Just like I'd rather do business with Donald Trump vs. you because he has a better track record right now.

I am a huge Trumbo fan and I would be thrilled to have him on a four year 60 million dollar deal.

Obviously you have to wait until the end of the season to truly evaluate. And it's not just a function of the home team but the teams that visit too.

Honestly, you're talking out of your backside here. The two park factors for each year are for the hitters and the pitchers. Notice that there's almost no difference between the two year after year. That's because it depends very little on the quality of the players.

Honestly, you're talking out of your backside here. The two park factors for each year are for the hitters and the pitchers. Notice that there's almost no difference between the two year after year. That's because it depends very little on the quality of the players.

He is.

The mention of Trump illuminates your level of sentience. And how would you know what kind of businessman I am?

Park Factors: Which parks are most, least favorable for hitters?

One could simply head to our Park Factor page for a basic read on park factors. But be aware of their limitation: They're one-year samples and are therefore more likely influenced by personnel who called them "home" in that given season. I prefer to take a longer-range approach -- in this column's case, a five-year sample from 2011-15 -- to help neutralize the annual fluctuations in statistics at each venue.

1. Coors Field, home to Colorado Rockies

Runs: 1.427, HR: 1.323, HR (RHB): 1.310, HR (LHB): 1.342

Dimensions: 347' (8')-390' (8')-415' (8')-375' (8')-350' (14')

Altitude: 5,186 feet; Open-air stadium; Grass field

2. Chase Field, home to Arizona Diamondbacks

Runs: 1.100, HR: 1.047, HR (RHB): 1.020, HR (LHB): 1.095

Dimensions: 330' (7.5')-376' (7.5')-407' (25')-376' (7.5')-335' (7.5')

Altitude: 1,061 feet; Retractable-roof stadium; Grass field

3. Miller Park, home to Milwaukee Brewers

Runs: 1.085, HR: 1.297, HR (RHB): 1.263, HR (LHB): 1.366

Dimensions: 344' (8')-370' (8')-400' (8')-374' (8')-345' (6')

Altitude: 618 feet; Retractable-roof stadium; Grass field

4. Rogers Centre, home to Toronto Blue Jays

Runs: 1.040, HR: 1.149, HR (RHB): 1.183, HR (LHB): 1.091

Dimensions: 328' (10')-375' (10')-400' (10')-375' (10')-328' (10')

Altitude: 268 feet; Retractable-roof stadium; Artificial field

5. Globe Life Park, home to Texas Rangers

Runs: 1.150, HR: 1.117, HR (RHB): 1.092, HR (LHB): 1.151

Dimensions: 332' (14')-380' (8')-400' (8')-377' (8')-325' (8')

Altitude: 543 feet; Open-air stadium; Grass field

6. Fenway Park, home to Boston Red Sox

Runs: 1.118, HR: 0.901, HR (RHB): 1.075, HR (LHB): 0.735

Dimensions: 310' (37')-335' (37')-420' (17')-380' (5')-302' (3')

Altitude: 16 feet; Open-air stadium; Grass field

7. Oriole Park at Camden Yards, home to Baltimore Orioles

Runs: 1.072, HR: 1.208, HR (RHB): 1.125, HR (LHB): 1.339

Dimensions: 333' (7')-364' (7')-410' (7')-373' (7')-318' (25')

Altitude: 36 feet; Open-air stadium; Grass field

Camden Yards' power alleys are among the most advantageous in baseball, but it's best for left-handed power, despite the 25-feet fence in right field. The short outfield fences elsewhere -- seven feet everywhere else -- have much to do with it.

credit: Tristan H. Cockcroft

ESPN Senior Writer

I'd rather take a chance on an major allstar who is 30 and maybe hitting his prime than someone else at this juncture.

What does that have to do with Mark Trumbo, who has never had a 3-win season in his career and is entering the phase of his life where almost all players decline? Prior to this half-season Trumbo's career high in OPS was .808.

Archived