at. RAYS, 7/16

Sessh

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• While I wouldn’t love a trade involving Basallo.  And would prefer a lesser tier player. I understand that you have to give value in order to get value. And I don’t think we can continue to afford to punt present opportunities for future possibilities (that may or may not come). I also acknowledge what you stated that Miller has a notable injury risk. But I believe you don’t make the shots that you don’t take. IMO Miller would put us over the top in terms of being a WS favorite this year. And if we could pair him with Bautista for a few seasons in the future, the odds would be seriously stacked in our favor in the postseason.
    • They didn't draft him to hit home runs. That said, I think he'll get one out this year. More than likely on the road, given Aberdeen's dimensions, but he's hitting it well now.
    • Big fan of JM.   Even as bad as he was late last year I always thought he was an asset.   Very happy to see him hitting better, and his fielding has never been better.  He looks like a savant out there.
    • Great lineup to be at the game today.  
    • Not as many wins as the Yankees.
    • I don’t disagree with anything you said, my point was that he slipped a bit. Normally you’re right, it wouldn’t matter, great players have bad days. However, with his injury, history, and the fact that he’s always throwing as hard, it is possible for a human to throw, the injury risk lowered the price a bit. A few weeks ago, I posted about the possibility of a Basallo/Miller trade, so I’m definitely willing to acquire him, and pay a lot for him to boot. But the injury risk is real, and, although it’s minor, probably irrelevant, he has slipped a bit recently.  
    • Putting aside results/outcomes for the moment, but To me, Hays has physically looked stronger/faster these last few appearances (even if sporadic usage) rather than his IMO 80% and constantly banged/nicked up.  I see him continuing to get more comfortable in this limited role and be a real asset as weak side platoon and pinch hitting option.
  • Popular Contributors