How About Pineda?

Bahama O's Fan

Add him to the list of arms I wouldn't mind having, but am not willing to part with Cisco / Mancini / Harvey or anyone on the big club for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were the Yankees and couldn't have either of those, who would you ask for? Or is there no one else?

Sorry, but Michael Pineda is massively better than 3 out of the 5 pitchers in our rotation. His SO/BB rate is significantly better than any one of our starters. Yes, his home runs are high, but the talent is there and he's an excellent candidate to bounce back in the second half of the season.

If people are only going to be interested in pitchers having good years, then you are taking yourself out of the trade market altogether, since those guys will cost more than we can pay. The only shot we have at actually improving this rotation from outside the organization is to go after somebody who is having a down year but is likely to rebound.

But if I were the Yankees, I would not give up Pineda without getting a significant return. He's got another year of team control and has the ability to be an important part of their rotation in 2017.

Sorry, but Michael Pineda is massively better than 3 out of the 5 pitchers in our rotation. His SO/BB rate is significantly better than any one of our starters. Yes, his home runs are high, but the talent is there and he's an excellent candidate to bounce back in the second half of the season.

If people are only going to be interested in pitchers having good years, then you are taking yourself out of the trade market altogether, since those guys will cost more than we can pay. The only shot we have at actually improving this rotation from outside the organization is to go after somebody who is having a down year but is likely to rebound.

But if I were the Yankees, I would not give up Pineda without getting a significant return. He's got another year of team control and has the ability to be an important part of their rotation in 2017.

This is a great post. It is amazing how many people seem to think the Orioles should be able to pick up a top flight pitcher on top of his game without giving up top prospects(s).

I don't even know what Pineda not being a Buck guy even means. Is it because he was not discrete enough with the pine tar.

MDtransplant357 says Pineda has no command and compares his command to Ubaldo. Last year Pineda pitched 160.2 innings so he was 1.1 innings short of qualifying. If he did qualify his strikeouts to walk ratio of 7.43 would have been one of the top 25 seasons of all time. It is not as good this year but it is still good at 4.41. Ubaldo for example has never had a strikeout to walk ratio better than 2.47.

Archived